Keyword

K2 Titles

More
14 years 7 months ago #72846 by Catalin Popescu
Replied by Catalin Popescu on topic K2 Titles
Anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cornerstone Properties, LLC
More
14 years 7 months ago #72847 by Cornerstone Properties, LLC
Replied by Cornerstone Properties, LLC on topic K2 Titles
In SH404SEF, I disabled the "Activate meta management" setting, and now am getting proper page titles (without the lower case/without the dashes!).

I still have sh404sef enabled overall, but just disabled the meta management, and this works for me.

I have another Joomla plugin (SEO Generator) assisting with meta management.

More
14 years 7 months ago #72848 by Catalin Popescu
Hey Jeff, thanks
I too had discovered that turning it off makes titles nice, BUT the titles of type: ARTICLE_TITLE|CATEGORYN|CATEGORY(N-1)|...||CATEGORY1
were quite nice and SEO rich.
The k2 sef extension generates these titles, but somehow somewhere sh404sef uses the alias... :(

More
14 years 6 months ago #72849 by Catalin Popescu
With the risk of talking to myself, i keep posting, cause this issue is bad (aside from the lack of category level metadata):
In the demo the titles are fine: k2.joomlaworks.gr/demo-v2/items/Catalog/Digital
So why doesn't anyone explain to us how they did it? :(

More
14 years 6 months ago #72850 by Albert
Replied by Albert on topic K2 Titles
I also had problems with Sh404sef. I tried to show a certain category as a menu item, but it would mess up and not grab the category correctly. I did make a post before this post started, but it was left unanswered. I moved on to AceSEF instead.

More
14 years 6 months ago #72851 by Catalin Popescu
Hey guys
I discovered a way to at least have the article title displayed correctly (instead of the alias). The parent-category "train" isn't displayed but it's ok anyway.
Add in ROOT_J!/components/com_sh404sef/meta_ext/ an empty file called com_k2.php.
I assume without this one, sh404sef uses some default settings, maybe even com_content.
The k2 guys have created a com_k2.php file for the /sef_ext folder, that is why links are ok. But there's also one needed for the meta: this is the way sh404sef works...
if anyone knows how to do it... would be G.R.E.A.T. :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #72852 by Marco Elric
Replied by Marco Elric on topic K2 Titles
thanks alot! it works =) BUT now i lost my META TAGS :(
anyone can write meta_ext for k2? please..

Catalin Popescu said:Hey guys I discovered a way to at least have the article title displayed correctly (instead of the alias). The parent-category "train" isn't displayed but it's ok anyway. Add in ROOT_J!/components/com_sh404sef/meta_ext/ an empty file called com_k2.php.
I assume without this one, sh404sef uses some default settings, maybe even com_content.
The k2 guys have created a com_k2.php file for the /sef_ext folder, that is why links are ok. But there's also one needed for the meta: this is the way sh404sef works...
if anyone knows how to do it... would be G.R.E.A.T. :)