Keyword

K2 Templating and css

• troponin
  • troponin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #76919 by troponin
Replied by troponin on topic K2 Templating and css
Thomas said:Hi Olivier, ... 1. I installed the plugin (v1.1) und publish it 2. I created the folder structure: /components/com_k2/templates/blog 3. I copy the original k2 template files category.php - last_item.php into the folder blog
4. I created the folder structure: /templates/fadc/html/com_k2/blog
fadc is my joomla-template
5. I open the original k2.css and changed in line 333 the div.catItemHeader h3.catItemTitle to background-color:#0f0 to see the difference to the K2 standard template
6. I renamed the file in blog_style.css and saved it in the folder /templates/fadc/html/com_k2/blog
7. I go into the k2 Backend and assign my category "logbuch" the template blog

Mach nochmal folgendes :

zu 1) im Plugin keep k2 Css auf nein
zu 2) löschen (K2 schaut mit dem plugin im template-Verzeichnis von Joomla!) aber local sichern, ne ;)
zu 3) sicherstellen, dass die Dateien aus drei jetzt in 4 liegen ( wie schon von Dir geändert 'templates/blog')
zu 5) nicht böse gemeint Fehler im css Tag ? alles richtig geschrieben.

6 und 7 ist auf jeden fall richtig. Auch unter 2.2 muss die custom css: Ordnername_style.css heissen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #76920 by Thomas Gebhardt
Replied by Thomas Gebhardt on topic K2 Templating and css
Hallo Troponin,

folgende Konstellation habe ich jetzt:

1. Plugin keep k2 Css steht auf nein
2. das blog-Verzeichnis (/components/com_k2/templates/blog) habe ich gelöscht
3. Verzeichnis /templates/fadc/html/com_k2/templates/blog siehe Bild blog.jpg
4 css tag siehe Bild blog_style_css.jpg
nachdem ich das jetzt geändert habe, habe ich das Problem, dass ich im K2 Backend meiner Kategorie Logbuch das Template Blog nicht mehr zuordnen kann - siehe Bild backend_k2.jpg

oder sehe ich vor lauter Bäume den Wald nicht?

Troponin said:Thomas said:Hi Olivier, ... 1. I installed the plugin (v1.1) und publish it 2. I created the folder structure: /components/com_k2/templates/blog 3. I copy the original k2 template files category.php - last_item.php into the folder blog 4. I created the folder structure: /templates/fadc/html/com_k2/blog fadc is my joomla-template 5. I open the original k2.css and changed in line 333 the div.catItemHeader h3.catItemTitle to background-color:#0f0 to see the difference to the K2 standard template
6. I renamed the file in blog_style.css and saved it in the folder /templates/fadc/html/com_k2/blog

Mach nochmal folgendes :

zu 2) löschen (K2 schaut mit dem plugin im template-Verzeichnis von Joomla!) aber local sichern, ne ;)
zu 3) sicherstellen, dass die Dateien aus drei jetzt in 4 liegen ( wie schon von Dir geändert 'templates/blog')

6 und 7 ist auf jeden fall richtig. Auch unter 2.2 muss die custom css: Ordnername_style.css heissen.

More
14 years 3 months ago #76921 by Thomas Gebhardt
Replied by Thomas Gebhardt on topic K2 Templating and css
S O R R Y Troponin,

JUCHUUU - jetzt G E H T 'S - - - - - - - -> Tausend DANK!!!!!

du hattest vollkommen recht. Der Fehler war: ich hatte noch ein zweites Joomla-template (zum testen). Dieses hatte ich aktiviert - Asche über mein Haupt!

Troponin said:Thomas said:Hi Olivier, ... 1. I installed the plugin (v1.1) und publish it 2. I created the folder structure: /components/com_k2/templates/blog 3. I copy the original k2 template files category.php - last_item.php into the folder blog 4. I created the folder structure: /templates/fadc/html/com_k2/blog fadc is my joomla-template 5. I open the original k2.css and changed in line 333 the div.catItemHeader h3.catItemTitle to background-color:#0f0 to see the difference to the K2 standard template

Mach nochmal folgendes :

More
14 years 3 months ago #76922 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Templating and css
Hi Guys,

What was the problem?
Can you let us know?

Good job, if you got it fixed.

Thomas said:S O R R Y Troponin,
JUCHUUU - jetzt G E H T 'S - - - - - - - -> Tausend DANK!!!!!

du hattest vollkommen recht. Der Fehler war: ich hatte noch ein zweites Joomla-template (zum testen). Dieses hatte ich aktiviert - Asche über mein Haupt!

Troponin said:Thomas said:Hi Olivier, ... 1. I installed the plugin (v1.1) und publish it 2. I created the folder structure: /components/com_k2/templates/blog 3. I copy the original k2 template files category.php - last_item.php into the folder blog 4. I created the folder structure: /templates/fadc/html/com_k2/blog fadc is my joomla-template 5. I open the original k2.css and changed in line 333 the div.catItemHeader h3.catItemTitle to background-color:#0f0 to see the difference to the K2 standard template 6. I renamed the file in blog_style.css and saved it in the folder /templates/fadc/html/com_k2/blog

Mach nochmal folgendes :

• troponin
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #76923 by troponin
He just set a different Joomla! template for Testing and so it couldn't work. He also first routed to the wrong place (/templates/fadc/html/com_k2/s/blog)
Like you know, it should be /templates/fadc/html/com_k2/templates/blog

More
14 years 3 months ago #76924 by Oceanwatcher
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic K2 Templating and css
The only problem I have had with doing things like this is in regards to relative links inside the css file.

Here is what I had to add to the links to make it work:

Old link: ../images/system/feed-icon-14x14.gif

New link: ../../../../../../components/com_k2/images/system/feed-icon-14x14.gif

Any easier way to solve this without having to edit any .php files?

On the other hand:

Is this really needed anymore?

According to Fotis, it should work by just copying the k2.css file to the sub-template folder and when K2 see the file there it will load that one instead of the original K2.css? (going off to test it now...)

• troponin
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #76925 by troponin
K2 dont look into the subtemplatefolder for css. it just looks in css folder of the Joomla! K2 Template.
If you dont want to edit the css inline links - do the following:

Just copy the image folder into the template/yourJOOMLA!Template/html/com_k2/templates folder.

greets

More
14 years 3 months ago #76926 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Templating and css
I agree with Troponin as this is how I do it.
Here is a

screenshot of how I have K2Joom.com configured at the moment. This is using Avanti template supplied by joomlaBamboo.com, with a couple of my own micro themes too.

It was satisfying to see that JB.com did the same as I had and pulled in the original /images folder preserving the relative links to images.

Troponin said:K2 dont look into the subtemplatefolder for css. it just looks in css folder of the Joomla! K2 Template. If you dont want to edit the css inline links - do the following:

Just copy the image folder into the template/yourJOOMLA!Template/html/com_k2/templates folder.

greets

More
14 years 3 months ago #76927 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic K2 Templating and css
Hi Thomas,

I wasn't following that discussion...shame on me !

I read it and reply if necessary...

Olivier

Thomas said:Hi Olivier,
does your plugin also work for the new version 2.2? I do exactly, what is described here - but unfortunality nothing happened. So what have i done?
1. I installed the plugin (v1.1) und publish it
2. I created the folder structure: /components/com_k2/templates/blog
3. I copy the original k2 template files category.php - last_item.php into the folder blog
4. I created the folder structure: /templates/fadc/html/com_k2/blog
fadc is my joomla-template
5. I open the original k2.css and changed in line 333 the div.catItemHeader h3.catItemTitle to background-color:#0f0 to see the difference to the K2 standard template

here is the category: www.flugzeuge-auf-dem-cover.de/logbuch
nothing happened. So I looked with web-developer what css-file is loaded. It is: flugzeuge-auf-dem-cover.de/components/com_k2/css/k2.css

Whats going wrong?
Thanks everyone for help!

Thomas

Olivier Nolbert said:I've modified the test in the category Display event and tested it on test website and it seems to work now. The plugin is now v1.1 Olivier

More
14 years 3 months ago #76928 by GreenDome
Replied by GreenDome on topic K2 Templating and css
Hi,

I'm currently testing this plug-in, is it true that you cant use the option "Inherit parameter options from category"?

When i use it for a category it also inherits css file too. Which i don't want it to do as my categories need to be same, i just want to change the color options (i.e. font color, H1, H2, H3 and background color etc) for each category via the individual css files.

Thank you,

GD