Keyword

How to place a created article on a front page

More
14 years 3 months ago #78637 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic How to place a created article on a front page
There is absolutely no need to modify any code at all 100%.

If all the items that are to be displayed on the front page are saved in the same category, then you go to that category parameters and disable introtext.
Set the Primary and/Or Secondary qty and columns, if you want just full articles, then set Leading to 0 and secondary to 0 and just use Primary.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

Rastislav Klc said:I do not think there is easy way of adding multiple full articles on single page. They are snippets, that are linked to main artile (item), but they can contain introtext, pictures, title, author etc... It just needs to be set in linked category...
I guess listing full articles would be possible with little php used in template.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #78638 by robm
No,
Just try my solution, it works here.
Take your time to look into the parameters of you categories/menu item.

Anya Debnam said:Rob Molenaar, thank you for your participation, but is it not the same way that Lara Lee Templemore-Walters suggested on Feb.,13-th?

More
14 years 3 months ago #78639 by Rastislav Klc
Replied by Rastislav Klc on topic How to place a created article on a front page
So Primary key is the key :)
I have always used Leading... good to know.

K2Joom said:There is absolutely no need to modify any code at all 100%.
If all the items that are to be displayed on the front page are saved in the same category, then you go to that category parameters and disable introtext.
Set the Primary and/Or Secondary qty and columns, if you want just full articles, then set Leading to 0 and secondary to 0 and just use Primary.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

Rastislav Klc said:I do not think there is easy way of adding multiple full articles on single page. They are snippets, that are linked to main artile (item), but they can contain introtext, pictures, title, author etc... It just needs to be set in linked category... I guess listing full articles would be possible with little php used in template.

More
14 years 3 months ago #78640 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic How to place a created article on a front page
Sorry, I was not so clear.
Glad you got a fix.

Rastislav Klc said:So Primary key is the key :) I have always used Leading... good to know.

K2Joom said:There is absolutely no need to modify any code at all 100%. If all the items that are to be displayed on the front page are saved in the same category, then you go to that category parameters and disable introtext.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

Rastislav Klc said:I do not think there is easy way of adding multiple full articles on single page. They are snippets, that are linked to main artile (item), but they can contain introtext, pictures, title, author etc... It just needs to be set in linked category... I guess listing full articles would be possible with little php used in template.

• Anya Debnam
  • Anya Debnam's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #78641 by Anya Debnam
Replied by Anya Debnam on topic How to place a created article on a front page
May be I do not understand something, I have done the way K2Joom said, but it is still just a listing, please see attachment with screenshot.

K2Joom said:For any K2 item you want to appear on your front page, I would recommned to create a "front page" category for them to be placed in. This will then allow you to set the parameters of that category to suit, including item images, leading, primary seconday layouts, introtext, author details, social buttons etc etc.

Then in Joomla Menu Manager, create a new Menu Item (Home) which links to the K2 Categories, select your "front page" category and then set it as default.

This is exactly how K2Joom.com homepage is setup, but only to show the item intro images, of course, the skys the limit with K2.

Regards,

K2Joom.com
Attachments:

• Anya Debnam
  • Anya Debnam's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #78642 by Anya Debnam
Replied by Anya Debnam on topic How to place a created article on a front page
Yes! I have found the way to place article on Front Page! DO not need to create any menues, just specify the Module: K2 Content to your front page position and select categories in this Module that you want to display on a front page!