Keyword

Read More link not opening the Details page

More
5 years 8 months ago #168375 by Reji
I have the "Read More" enabled to show on all my K2 articles that are displayed on the Front page using the K2 Content module.

I had to edit the modules/mod_k2_content/tmpl/Default/default.php to first of all get the "Read More" appear below the articles.
(Removed the && $item->fulltext as per the www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/18010-read-more-link-not-working-in-k2-content-module)

So the Read More appears now, however the link does not go anywhere. Just circles itself to the same page.

Can someone help me fix that issue as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #168380 by blue_Shift
Replied by blue_Shift on topic Read More link not opening the Details page
Do you have menu items assigned to the K2 articles? (You can put these on an unpublished menu to avoid dropdowns. I recommend getting regularlab's free "Add to Menu" plugin for quick, same-screen processing.)

(JoomlaWorks people: what is that SEO spam where my signature should be?)
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by blue_Shift.

More
5 years 8 months ago #168382 by Reji
No I do not have any menus assigned to the articles. When I click on "Read More" I just want the full content of the article open as one would expect to read the rest of the article. But it is not happening when I click on the "Read More" from the K2 articles on the HOME page!!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #168393 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Read More link not opening the Details page
@blue_Shift
We do not add any signatures, and surely we are not based in Singapore. You can change it or I can reset it for you.

@Reji
If you do not map the categories (each one in a different menu item is the ideal scenario) into a menu item, then the default menu item will be used, which is the default fallback menu item. This means that the items will be rendered in your home page (the default menu item)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
5 years 8 months ago #168404 by Reji
Thanks for the reply, but I am not sure I understand it clearly. I have a K2 Contents module and that is assigned to the Menu "Home".

When I view the Home page, I see all the articles from the selected Categories displayed as a short list (with the first few lines of the content) and a "Read more..." link and that is all working fine.

But then I noticed that as i scroll down, there they are. ALL those same articles from the selected categories displayed with full content, below the footer! (unless someone really scroll . Hence when I click on the "read More..." at the short list, it is actually opening the article with full content, but it is opening on the same HOME page BELOW the footer. So clearly the User will not see the details.

Not exactly sure why it is opening on the same Home page BELOW the footer instead of opening on a new page in the contents section?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #168415 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Read More link not opening the Details page
Hello,
As stated with no menu towards K2 categories (not even a base menu towards all categories) the default menu item will be used which is the homepage.
This means that you need to map these K2 categories into menu items.
Now, if the component is being rendered in an odd position, this is a template specific issue which should be addressed by the template's developer.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
5 years 8 months ago #168418 by Reji
When you say "not even a base menu towards all categories", could you clarify a bit more.... Should I create a menu item to DISPLAY K2 Categories? So let's say I create a new Menu called "K2 Articles' and have all articles with it's full contents displayed. Then how do I point the "Read More..." link to open the articles in the "K2 Articles" page?

If you could kindly explain the steps as to what I should have, that would be greatly appreciated. From your answers it sounds like you have the answer, but just need a bit more clarity. Thank you.

More
5 years 8 months ago #168419 by Reji
Guess what, I got it working!!! Thank you, Thank you. I created another Menu to display all articles and hide it from Menu (key), then when I click on "Read More..." the full contents for each article got displayed. Okay so that part is working.

BUT.... there is another issues. On the main HOME page, I still see the full contents of ALL articles BELOW the Footer of the page.... as if it is in the background... I have no idea where that is coming from... ALL articles from the selected categories are displayed in it's entirety below the Footer of the HOME page!!!

Any idea what I can do there or not doing to make the contents not appear on the main page?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #168422 by Krikor Boghossian
Hello,

This sounds like a template issue. You need to address this issue to the template's developer.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
5 years 8 months ago #168428 by Reji
Okay that one is also fixed. It was not a template issue. It was because I had assigned the K2 Contents to the HOME menu. Apparently that is not working.

So instead I created another module and inserted the K2 Content module using Loadmodule command and that seems to work.

But I think the real problem is with the Components section in the HOME page. I don't think my template has a default Component section. They only have positions that are 100% wide on the HOME page. But they do have sidebar-left and sidebar-right for other pages. So I can easily have the K2 Contents displayed on the middle and some other items like the "Most Popular.." or something on the sidebar-right. But that is not achievable on the home page!! Is there a way to create a component section on home page?