Keyword

**SOME** Author pages are redirecting to the home page

• Dan Houston
  • Dan Houston's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #171286 by Dan Houston
I have a menu that points to authors. When you click through each author, they each have a respective form. All are set up identically. However, three of my author pages are redirecting to the home page. I initially believed that the this was an issue with sh404sef. After working with them for quite some time, we've determined that the redirect is not occurring as a result of sh404sef. The redirect occurs whether or not the sh404sef component is enabled. We also checked our htaccess file but cannot see what would be causing the redirect. So, we are wondering if you all have any thoughts on this as the author pages are handled via k2.

Here is the page with all the authors:

thedigitalbits.com/our_staff/meet-the-staff

Here are the author pages that are redirecting to the home page:
www.thedigitalbits.com/staff/sarah-hunt
www.thedigitalbits.com/staff/joe_marchese
www.thedigitalbits.com/staff/mark-a-altman

How can I get these page to their author pages with their respective forms. Please advise.

For a little more context, this issue here MIGHT have ties to an issue that we resolved some months back, however was solved in sh404sef. it MIGHT help if you see the ticket here: www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/49542-contact-form-module-not-showing-on-author-page?start=10

Thanks!
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Dan Houston.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #171287 by JoomlaWorks
Is "Control K2 User Profile display for users with no items" enabled (e.g. as shown here jmp.sh/M2QVg13) under Settings >> Advanced (tab) >> Anti-spam Settings (section)?

If so, you would have to disable it.

For the record, this option was added some versions ago as a way to protect K2 user profiles from spammers who had no editing rights but had signed up and populated their profile with links and then simply added their profile URL on the K2 site to other sites/forums etc.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.