Keyword

Transparent png

• David Buch
  • David Buch's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #174163 by David Buch
Transparent png was created by David Buch
Hi
I think this has been talked about for years. but never resolved.
I absolutely MUST have transparent png files in my articles. I am providing the ability for end users to write blogs and they also must be able to use transparent png.

How do we get this to work please??

I saw an article to say that we have to use the Wysywig editor - how do I make that the default editor for2K@?

I think this is a massive shortcoming - dont force your preference onto us. Let us decide if we want to have transparent png!

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #174167 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Transparent png
It's not a bug to be resolved.

- Use JCE or any other editor to upload PNG images.
- Then use a plugin like IAKI getk2.org/extend/extensions/616-iaki-import-as-k2-image that extracts the first big image from your introtext/fulltext and sets it as a K2 image so you can use it in category listings and so on.

In IAKI's settings, add 999999 as the item ID limit. This will be resolved in a coming update.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
4 years 4 months ago #174168 by JoomlaWorks
Keep in mind that the update will feature a unique field to directly upload PNG or other image types and select the output format as well (e.g. some may prefer serving JPG & WEBP at the same time).

---

• David Buch
  • David Buch's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #174170 by David Buch
Replied by David Buch on topic Transparent png
Hi
Sorry, but I really do not understand at all!!

How can I get end users to simply create a blog, upload (or use an existing) png and have it transparent?? This seems REALLY convoluted for such a simple thing.

I have also seen articles on using JCE as the front end editor, but then how do the articles get into K2 automatically?

Im lost! thanks!!

More
4 years 4 months ago #174173 by JoomlaWorks
Enable frontend editing in K2 to allow users to submit content from your site's frontend. This is relevant to you: www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/49662-how-to-create-and-make-frontend-editing-available-to-my-website-users

If JCE is the default editor in Joomla, make sure the editor profile for frontend users allows users to upload images from JCE directly. This way they can upload PNGs, JPGs, whatever. More more info on how to use JCE you should direct questions to the JCE site.

Don't confuse JCE as an alternative to K2. JCE is just the WYSIWYG editor. K2 is an application in Joomla that can be used to replace the default Joomla article system (as K2 is much more advanced, yet easier to use).

That's it really.

---