Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

SIG Pro Not Working!

More
16 years 10 months ago #3342 by elle
Replied by elle on topic Re: SIG Pro Not Working!
Please please help!

Is there any way at all to get SigPro working inside a module?  I understand that the $mainframe->addCustomHeadTag function wont work - but if I added the relevant links into the head of my template directly would this by-pass the problem???

???  ???  ???  ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #3343 by elle
Replied by elle on topic Re: SIG Pro Not Working!
Hey nikibh,

I went to a page on my site where SigPro was working properly (outside any modules) and viewed the source of the page... there I found:

<!-- JW "Simple Image Gallery PRO" Plugin (v1.2) starts here -->
....code here.....
<!-- JW "Simple Image Gallery PRO" Plugin (v1.2) ends here -->

I copied the whole thing and pasted it into the head of the template that contained the module that I want to insert the gallery into.... AND IT WORKED!  What it does mean tho is that if you change the pop up engine in joomla you'll have to change the links in your template to match or it'll stop working.  I'm sure it's not the best way of achieving this as 1) presumably the $mainframe->addCustomHeadTag function is still being called from somewhere and failing....perhaps this could be removed from the relevant file? 2) it did seem to mess up the styling a bit - but maybe that just needs tweaking.... and 3) it adds to the overall size of your index.php file and the no. of requests in the head tag - which may slow your download times.....

I've only just tried this and I'm hoping there wont be a knock on effect with other parts of my site  :-\

So - I hope this helps you.  If one of the makers of SigPro could advise if this is a bad idea or whatever than please do!  :)

Thanks,
Elle

More
16 years 10 months ago #3344 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: SIG Pro Not Working!
No it won't...  ;)

We'll add an option for v1.3 to be able to use the plugin inside a module.  ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Royal Bhaktapur
  • Royal Bhaktapur's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #3345 by Royal Bhaktapur
Replied by Royal Bhaktapur on topic Re: SIG Pro Not Working!

No it won't...  ;)

We'll add an option for v1.3 to be able to use the plugin inside a module.  ;)

Well that would really be fantastic.
Btw, when is the release of v1.3 scheduled? Saw somewhere on the forum between 28-30 May...

More
16 years 10 months ago #3346 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: SIG Pro Not Working!
We obviously didn't make it. We wanna wrap up a few more things - features and goodies.  ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)