Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

T3 Framework, og graph, SocialConnect

• Bill Gigi
  • Bill Gigi's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #55755 by Bill Gigi
T3 Framework, og graph, SocialConnect was created by Bill Gigi
Hello JoomlaWorks Community,

I hope someone can just shed the smallest amount of light on my current issue. I had a website running about 8-9 years ago, straight HTML using dreamweaver. Local business services and the sorts, so now I am in present day 6/17/2014, I know tons of things have changed in this time frame.

I started my new website a few months ago, started with straight HTML5 dreamweaver. Then realized I needed a CMS website, so I could create articles easier and have more management with the CMS. I tried rockettheme, did not really care for it. I then tried Joomlarts T3 Framework on a template called Purity III.

The Purity III template from Joomlart I understand is supported by Joomlart, nothing to do with Joomlaworks. My main issue is getting social sharing buttons and OG graph setup for each article, so when someone likes or shares my articles the picture is correct and the description and title.

I purchased JFBConnect, found out my webhosting provider that shows CURL being enabled , well its not its actually disabled and they want 17$ more a month to turn it on. So now I am going to be changing to hostgator web hosting service very soon.

My dilemma now is this, I have my website which I am content with. It runs T3 Framework, I have literally tried every free OG graph joomla extension, also tried inserting OG graph code right into the template under "custom code".

So now I am running a free like and share extension with very minor og graph settings. I also am trying to add og graph images to articles using another extension.

JFBConnect looked awesome when I installed it until I found out about CURL, so I had to cancel it for now and since then have ran into Joomlaworks SocialConnect.

If I purchase SocialConnect by Joomlaworks, does it includes the whole package to get likes and shares going with correct article images. I am mainly just looking for facebook like and share/ google, twitter- I don't really need any of the others.

After being told I need this, or I don't have this, or I need this or install that. I am just wondering if Social Connect for my situation would be viable and probably deliver what I am seeking.

Thank you very much for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #55759 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic T3 Framework, og graph, SocialConnect
Hi. SocialConnect is mainly an extension to allow your site visitors sign in using social networks. Regarding Facebook and Twitter sharing it does not add any buttons for this. It just adds the proper meta tags so Facebook and Twitter will read the correct information when you share an article there.

There are other solutions out there for adding sharing buttons. K2 for example has this out of the box.

Finally regarding cURL, it is standard on most PHP installations. Your hosting company should enable this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.