Here's what's been added or changed in Simple Image Gallery Pro with the release of v3.5.0:
- Improved compatibility with Joomla 3.8.8+, K2 2.9.0+ and PHP versions up to 7.2. Lots of JS issues resolved when using Simple Image Gallery Pro with K2 in Joomla's backend.
- Various bug fixes and UI improvements in the backend.
- New gallery layouts (now 9 in total!) including our first in-place responsive slideshow (SlickShow1). More will be added in upcoming releases in the coming months.
- All popup engines (modals) have been updated to their latest versions.
- The editor button for Simple Image Gallery Pro will now cover most of your viewport to make editing your galleries far better.
- Frontend editing ACL permissions now work as expected in K2 v2.8.0+. If you previously had issues uploading image galleries when K2's frontend editing was enabled, this is now resolved.
- There is better error handling in place when uploading images and you'll be notified if there is a server proble or some other Joomla extension interfering with the AJAX upload process - most notably older versions of Akeeba Admin Tools, which were blocking entirely legitimate upload requests. Even worse, exclusing "com_sigpro" in AAT's WAF did not work at all (let's hope these bugs are fixed in that extension)...
- "Settings" has been added to the main component's menu in the backend UI as its previous placement in the sidebar only was confusing for some users. Vertical navigation in "Settings" has also be fixed in Joomla 3.8.8+.
- Lytebox has been removed from the popup engines
- Chosen.js and Swipebox have been removed from the backend UI (2 less JS dependencies to load). Fancybox v3.5.0 now acts as the main modal in Simple Image Gallery Pro's backend UI.
- jQuery builds have been updated up to 1.12.4 (for Joomla 1.5 & 2.5). In Joomla 3.x we do not load any additional copy of jQuery, we simply use what's provided by Joomla (jQuery v1.12.4 in Joomla 3.8.12 at the time of writing).
- jsDelivr's CDN is now the default option for popup engines. jsDelivr is also "Great Firewall of China" friendly :)
- The Chinese CDN qihoo360 has been removed in favour of jsDelivr.
If you are using Joomla v3.8.8+ and K2 v2.9.0+ we highly recommend you update to this newest version for better compatibility.
We now plan on switching to a 2-3 month update cycle to cover more frequent changes in the popup engines as well as in Joomla & K2 (which also switches to a similar update cycle). Additionally, there is major restructuring occuring under the hood to prepare Simple Image Gallery Pro for Joomla 4.
The JoomlaWorks demo site has been updated to use the latest Simple Image Gallery Pro release. See here https://demo.joomlaworks.net/simple-image-gallery-pro.
If you have an active Simple Image Gallery Pro membership, just head over to the Member Dashboard at https://www.joomlaworks.net/members and grab your copy from your "Subscriptions" page.
Or purchase this latest release from just 19.90 EUR. More info at: https://www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/commercial/simple-image-gallery-pro
Just upload the new version and it will overwrite the old one.
For more help, please visit the updated documentation page for the extension at: https://www.joomlaworks.net/support/docs/simple-image-gallery-pro
For support questions please use our Ticket Support System inside the Member Dashboard at https://www.joomlaworks.net/dashboard (active product membership required).