Keyword

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

More
11 years 1 month ago #58780 by mikexcite
Hi,

This is a great utility and I have tried to follow the instructions very carefully. Everything works except I am having the same problem a couple other users reported, that K2 import is putting something strange in the "start publishing" field:

-0001-11-30 00:00:00

Which is stopping the items from appearing. I thought it might be that I was using templates, so I actually made a fresh install of Joomla and K2 just to test this, but it is still giving me the issue. The time zone is set to UTC.

The file that I am trying to upload is attached. I will PM my testing site and super user details. Thanks.

I am just at a loss.

M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #58781 by mikexcite
About the previous issue, the solution I found was to create a column and force something to go in to the "Publish Up" field. This will then put something in that field instead of the bad text.

You must be extremely careful that whatever spreadsheet program you use (and libreoffice does handle it better than excel - i chased that problem for at least an hour) does not make the field into a date field with a different format. Go into cell formatting and override the cells to be text fields, and make sure the date is entered exactly YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS or it will not work. I don't know if specifying a date field to use that format would work.

Disappointed in this bug, because as far as I can tell I followed the instructions perfectly, but still a useful product at a reasonable price.

Mike

More
11 years 1 month ago #58782 by stavroch
The file that I am trying to upload is 8MB and it has 10.000 items but I get error message while I am trying to upload it.

How can I upload that items?

Also how the images are imported to k2 items?

• Individual IT
  • Individual IT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Developer of the K2 Import / Export Tool
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #58783 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Sorry I was on holidays when you wrote your messages.

@mikexcite How would you like the extension to react on wrong formated date. I'm happy to implement good suggestions.

@stavros What an error do you get?
Images can be imported by the full path. Check the Instruction for that: www.individual-it.net/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #58784 by stavroch
I install the new versions of k2 import component and everything works fine.

Thank u ;)

• Tom Miller
  • 360 onDemand Solutions Group
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #58785 by Tom Miller
Using Joomla 2.5.8 with K2 2.6.5 with 0.9a and the issue with newly imported items not showing UNLESS you edit+save is the LANGUAGE field. Imports as blank and needs the ' * ' (star, shift + # eight).

Is there a quick fix for this? Working great besides this!

• Individual IT
  • Individual IT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Developer of the K2 Import / Export Tool
More
10 years 11 months ago #58786 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Soory at the moment this tool is just tested with k2 2.5 and 2.6

More
10 years 11 months ago #58787 by Diana Myers
I'm testing the export from Joomla 1.5.26 locally (xammp) into a clean install of Joomla 2.5.9 and I keep getting a "403 - You are not authorized to view this resource error" when I create a menu item with K2 categories. I changed the "Access" column from 0 to 1, but it didn't solve the problem. What's causing this issue and how can I fix it? Working on a client site and need an answer as soon as possible.

More
10 years 10 months ago #58788 by Balázs Dániel
Replied by Balázs Dániel on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hi All!

I need priority support for this extension. I'd like to use it daily to update my k2 items/products.

My problem: There is few hundred items in my database and I'd like to update only few extrafields of them daily. The current version of the import tool set the value of non-existing fields (in csv) to default. I need it to leave the current value in database of non-existing fields and update only the fields that exists in csv file.

Sorry for my english, I hope it's understandable.

I can pay for this modification. Best regards

More
10 years 10 months ago #58789 by Johnno
Hi there,

I am trying to export approx. 180 items from K2 on Joomla 1.5 install to K2 on Joomla 3.0 install. Any idea when this component will be 3.0 compatible? I really hope I didn't waste my money on this.