Keyword

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

More
10 years 10 months ago #58800 by CMS2CMS
Replied by CMS2CMS on topic Re: importing k2 items joomla 3

Sanjiv Khullar wrote: I need to import k2 items into joomla 3 - and it seems this component is not ready for that - is there another way to import - ie - via php admin ?

Sanjiv, try our service CMS2CMS - it is a web based tool that can handle your K2 to Joomla 3 import. It's a one-time process, and you don't have to export all your data and then import it. It is quite easy to use and doesn't involve any coding.

Here's what can be migrated from K2 to Joomla:
  • Articles
  • Categories
  • Images, mp3 and video files
  • Users
  • Internal Links
  • SEO URLs

If you want to migrate comments too, you just need to install Jcomments for Joomla, and they all will be moved there. There's a free Demo available to see how the whole process looks.

Find more details here: www.cms2cms.com/supported-cms/joomla-k2-to-joomla-migration

Best regards,
CMS2CMS Team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #58801 by Tony Stark
Hi, one question....
i have a category with over 9000 articles in K2....when i try to export it, it seems to crash...any ideas ? there is no problem with the server that i know...or bandwidth...

please help

More
10 years 10 months ago #58802 by stavroch
Are you trying to export the 9000 items from mysql?

More
10 years 10 months ago #58803 by Jacob Arlington
Replied by Jacob Arlington on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
using this sql command

UPDATE perfix_k2_items SET modified=created where modified='0000-00-00 00:00:00'

replace perfix with your database perfix

More
10 years 10 months ago #58804 by Chase Wong
@stavros What an error do you get?
Images can be imported by the full path. Check the Instruction for that: www.individual-it.net/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html[/quote]

I bought this tool last week, and this is almost a perfect extension, but something I don't know how to use yet. Now I can export the csv file and add some similar items to this csv file then import to K2, it works. but I don't know how to do this for images for each item, I read your documentation, but I am not quite clear how to do step by step.

The best way I suppose should be like this:

In the backend, I add several items with extra fields and images, then I choose this category, and export it and open it with LibreOffice, according to the several sample dada, I may add more items according to sample data in the CSV file, I suppose this is easy for understanding. But I found nothing in the "Image Caption" and "Image Credits"...

Could you let me know how to do step by step? thank you!

Chase Wong
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
10 years 10 months ago #58805 by mattian
Hi,

is there a way to import a second language? Would you have an up to date import-file to see what fields can be imported with Joomla 2.5 and your tool. I've bought it earlier a few times and not quite sure it my version is stil working on J2.5.

Greetings,
Anne

• Individual IT
  • Individual IT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Developer of the K2 Import / Export Tool
More
10 years 10 months ago #58806 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
At the moment the extension does not support other languages.

More
10 years 10 months ago #58807 by Ralf Longwitz
Replied by Ralf Longwitz on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
What are the chances that you make it multilingual? And when? In a country with 4 official languages plus English this is an essential requirement ...
Thank you!

More
10 years 10 months ago #58808 by jj ockey
Nice app. Have used on a couple 1.5 to 2.5 migrations. Will happily purchase again when the 3.0 version comes along...very reasonably priced.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #58809 by boka666
Hello,

I have a question.
The Individual K2 Import / Export 0.9a automatically import or manually when you press the button?
I do not see the description.

Thank you for your response

Norbert