Keyword

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

• Individual IT
  • Individual IT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Developer of the K2 Import / Export Tool
More
12 years 3 months ago #58700 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hi,
please tell me a little bit more about your system. see first post.

The export script does not limit the memory size. Check if you have a .htaccess file that limit its.
And go to: Site-> System information -> PHP Information and check the value memory_limit
What does it says?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IOANNIS ILIOPOULOS
More
12 years 2 months ago #58701 by IOANNIS ILIOPOULOS
Replied by IOANNIS ILIOPOULOS on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hello
i have joomla 2.5 and k2 import tool 0.9 alpha 2
during the import i get the following error: MySQL server has gone away
in some of the entries i try to import
any help ?
thanx

More
12 years 2 months ago #58702 by Aaron
on and off topic... I want to follow this thread but is there any way to follow it without actually posting in it?

I am very interested in this software and hoping it will be available soon as I am getting close to needing something to import over 3000 items from a current version to my new install..

Aaron :)

More
12 years 1 month ago #58703 by Rachael McLoughlin
Replied by Rachael McLoughlin on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hiya,

I have K2 Import 0.8 and Joomla 1.7. Am attempting to update extra fields for multiple k2 items at once using an import based on Item Title, although every time I run the import, despite seeing report of import process, all extra fields aren't importing and are then showing as default setting when i go back to check? Any ideas how I resolve this?

More
12 years 1 month ago #58704 by Spejbl Hurvinek
Replied by Spejbl Hurvinek on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hi,

I have been using your great tool succesfully, this is really a life saver for me.

I have just one small question: Can you tell me where and what I have to change in the code, so that it accepts a semi-colon separated .csv instead of a comma separated one? (It is not very difficult to replace before uploading, but since I have to update my site very often, I want to automate the process as much as possible.)

Thank you.

hurvinek

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #58705 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
@ALL: sorry for the super late reply, but there is not RSS here, so its hard to follow up. I'm really sorry!

@Yiannis: Did you try to import less rows per loop?
@Aaron: I have the same problem, I even don't know how to follow when posting. an email at new posts or a RSS feed would be great
@Rachael McLoughlin: I'm happy you contacted me by email and we could sort this problem by overwriting the items based on ID. the ID based method is generally saver, but if anybody face the same problem please contact me I will try to track the bug.
@Spejbl Hurvinek search the models/k2import.php for fgetcsv() and change the comma to a semicolon - I think this should work.

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 1 month ago #58706 by Individual IT
After some time here comes a new version of the extension. CSV Import / Export Tool for K2
I think we can call it beta status now!

Beside some bugfixes there is now the possibility to export just some categories. You can select the categories you like to export and the tool will just export them. This could be useful if you run into problems with the max_execution_time or max_memory.
Some more export adjustments will follow.

As always: If you bought the extension recently check if your download link still works. For every EUR you paid you have the possibility to download updates during the next 10days. so if you pay 3EUR you can access updates at least during the next 30days.
Attachments:

More
12 years 1 month ago #58707 by Sue
I have the latest .09_beta version installed. I setup all my categories and a few articles in K2. I then exported a csv file so that I would have some sample data to follow. I added some info to the csv file and then tried to import it.
Here is a screen shot of the settings I chose:

Here is the result:

In the generated source code, the second to last line is:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/downtown/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2import/views/associate/tmpl/default.php on line 32

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Additional info: Joomla 2.5.2 php v5.3.8 K2 v2.5.5

Thank you.
Attachments:

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 1 month ago #58708 by Individual IT
Hi Sue,
your hoster limits you to 30 seconds per script run. If you importing big data or images, or the server ist slow this could be to less. Try to import less rows per loop.
Set the setting: "Import rows per loop" to 1
Then the script will try to import row by row. I hope the 30 seconds will be fine then.

More
12 years 1 month ago #58709 by Sue
I increased my php max input time to 120 and I lowered the input rows to 1. Sill getting the same results