Keyword

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

• Individual IT
  • Individual IT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Developer of the K2 Import / Export Tool
More
11 years 6 months ago #58760 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
I will take some time off from 12.10.2012 till 29.10.2012. Please don't expect support in that time. Please contact me after the 29.10.2012 B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #58761 by gerald sisimayi
Replied by gerald sisimayi on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
perfectly understood. thanx. I guess its a manual reload. no problem.

More
11 years 6 months ago #58762 by Ralf Longwitz
Replied by Ralf Longwitz on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Importing items using Libre Office csv works fine for me, except images. Images are in a folder on the server. The message I get for all images are like this:

importing items, please stand by
items were imported, but with some problems:
row: 2 - save item -
could not copy the file 002611.jpg
Row: 2 / memory peak: 22 MB

When the link to the images is wrong I get the expected "not found" message, so the path should be ok.
What else could be wrong?

Thank you!

---
J! 2.5.7
K2 2.6.1
K2Import 0.9a
php5.3 (XAMPP)

More
11 years 6 months ago #58763 by Ralf Longwitz
Replied by Ralf Longwitz on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
I now found that my images are actually imported correctly in spite of the error message. Now I cleared the gallery columns, and the error messages are gone. So the problem was the gallery images, not the main item images. Perhaps because I don't have the gallery extension installed.

There's still another problem:
After importing the 25 items of my test file, the importer keeps importing infinitely.
The item title will be like this:

Imported Item - 2012-10-22 09:45:57

Any idea?

(This is now K2Import v. 0.9stable)

More
11 years 5 months ago #58764 by Brian Gislason
Replied by Brian Gislason on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Need to import images. I don't understand where to find the image information in the K2 so it can be put in the CSV. I already had to modify the CSV file to allow change to access level. I really need to get the images imported as well. I've been messing with this for 2 days and it's eating much of my time. Your directions for importing images is not very clear.

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 5 months ago #58765 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Sorry for the late answer I didn't get any emails even I subscribed to the forum :-(

For importing images you need to give the whole path of the image. e.g. you can put them in the tmp directory. see the example file on my page: www.individual-it.net/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html

More
11 years 3 months ago #58766 by Sunil Sinha
Bought the component a couple of days ago. Need help badly in importing over 15,000 Joomla articles. Left the message in this forum but no response. See here: getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/167370-K2-Import--Export-09---How-to-use-it

Thanks.

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #58767 by Individual IT
Hi,
sorry I cannot watch the complete forum but I try to answer the questions in this thread.

Here is the Instructions for the K2 import/export component.

Its imports and exports K2 items. So you eather could create a CSV based on my example or you just create some K2 items and hit the export button, then you get a nice example file.
P.S. In my experience LibreOffice handles the CSV files better than Excel.

Hope that helps, if not ask again.

More
11 years 3 months ago #58768 by Stéphane Lumbroso
Replied by Stéphane Lumbroso on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hello
I buy com_k2import_0.9a
I want to export in k2 in joomla 3
it is possible ??

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 3 months ago #58769 by Individual IT
at the moment the software is just tested under joomla 1.5-2.5