Keyword

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

• Individual IT
  • Individual IT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Developer of the K2 Import / Export Tool
More
10 years 1 month ago #58860 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hi,
the values in the file are separated by tabs, not by comma thats the problem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #58861 by chiba

Individual IT wrote: Hi,
the values in the file are separated by tabs, not by comma thats the problem

Thanks!

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #58862 by Individual IT

More
10 years 1 month ago #58863 by Felipe
I tried that with a programmer but it was impossible. Right now, it is impossible to migrate my Zoo articles to K2 (Joomla 3.2)

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #58864 by Alexis Tagaris
Replied by Alexis Tagaris on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
I test the module in localhost XAMPP

• Joomla version 3.2.3.
• XAMPP
• K2 version K2 v2.6.8
• the K2 Import / Export tool version latest: com_k2import_2.0_rc1

I use the Import for K2 module to transfer K2 items from one website to another. I have K2 Extrafield Groups and Extra fields in K2.

Problem 1
I tried to export more than 2.300 K2 items from one K2 category and always have the same error: /…/administrator/index.php?option=com_k2import&format=raw The export hangs and nothing happened.

Problem 2
In categories with fewer K2 items I managed to export the data (with Extra fields etc.). When I Import the data all of the K2 items and Category are correct but no Extrafields and ExtraField groups imported.

Are there any solutions on those problems?

Thank you
Alex

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 4 weeks ago #58865 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hallo Alex,
exporting large sets can cause your server to run out of memory. Try to export category by category.
Before the export did you create the extra group in K2? and was the association correct during the import?

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #58866 by Alexis Tagaris
Replied by Alexis Tagaris on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Thank you for your reply.

I must first to create the Extra Fields and associate them. That is clear I' ve done it and it worked.
The problem with the category remain. I have more than a 2.000 items in one category. The module has not the ability to split a category for export in parts.

Do you have any other proposal to export large categories.

Thank you

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #58867 by Individual IT
At the moment the only way to split exports is to export category by category. If you category is huge you have to increase the different limits im PHP or delete e.g. coments, they need a lot of ressources to be exported

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #58868 by Per Mork
Hi, I just have a question: I have a newspage made with K2 in joomla 2.5, which now contains over 300 items, but I have been forced to recreate the site with a joomla 3.2 and K2. Is it possible with your solution to transfer all the items from the J2.5 page to the new J3.2 site?

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #58869 by Individual IT
Yes that should be possible with some limitations:
1. some minor fields might not be transfered
2. images names are exported but you would need to transfer them to a place where you can access them from the new page and maybe modify the path in the export file
3. the structure of the categories is not exported. So the only way to import the complete structure is to create it first on the destnation system and have unique names for every single category. Then import with the option "recognize if the category already
exists regardless of the level"