Keyword

Interaction with 3rd party components, modules and plugins

More
14 years 10 months ago #68073 by JoomlaWorks
It does not work because it has different specs, not because WE have our slideshow system. I'm sure Andy and his people will produce a K2 version of their modules soon...

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #68074 by Oceanwatcher
>So we are providing a new content platform which is GPL and available to all. Can this be restrictive >to Joomla! users? I don't think so... ;)

Exactly my point. From what I have read from you earlier, I could not believe that RokNewswould not work just because you had something similar :-)

On a different note: How easy is it to fix a module to pick the articles from K2 instead? If it is just a matter of changing a variable or a line of code, maybe we could get some pointers and try to do it ourselves :-)

More
14 years 10 months ago #68075 by Mario Marquardt
sorry for the word "think", i use it allready, and K2 IS different to com_content, it is much more better and clearer for the frontend-user

More
14 years 10 months ago #68076 by RocketTheme
Just a note, we plan on adding support for K2 in our modules in the near future. We'll have a toggle in the params that will allow you to choose com_content (section/categories), and k2 (categories)

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #68077 by Oceanwatcher
Not sure if your comment about being a new user was directed at me. It is a bit difficult to follow threads when there is no quoting :-)

Anyway - I have been using first Mambo and then Joomla for quite some time, but as I am not a programmer, I have not gone too deep into changing things. However, I am now working on a website where I want to do something more than just use components, modules and plugins "as-is", so I am slowly diving deeper into things.

There is a plugin for the Agora 3 forum called discussbot that uses a code like this:

{discuss forum:1}

In com_content this activates the comment/forum feature of Agora. I love the idea of having a comment system that has a forum backend, but it will not work in K2. Instead, I am just getting the text ouputted as you see it here. Any ideas? Do K2 have a special way of giving codes like this?

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #68078 by Oceanwatcher
Well, that solves that, I guess :-D Thanks for chipping in!

More
14 years 10 months ago #68079 by JoomlaWorks
That's good news from RocketTheme! :)

---

More
14 years 10 months ago #68080 by JoomlaWorks
This means that the plugin is probably not published or that the plugin's code is restricted to com_content only.

---

More
14 years 10 months ago #68081 by BDGStrategie
Hi there :)

Talking about plugins and modules...
You told me a few days ago on Twitter that a new version of FPSS (v2.5, compatible with K2) would be available soon...Great great great :)
Is it worth trying to modify the code of a news module (my code will not be as clean as yours for sure :) ) or should I wait for the FPSS update ? In other words, when will FPSS 2.5 be potentially available ? Is it a matter of days ? weeks ? months (gulp)?

Thanks !

More
14 years 10 months ago #68082 by RocketTheme
We've just released an updated version of RokStories, along with RokTabs, RokNewsPager, and RokNewsflash:

www.rockettheme.com/blog/extensions/361-extensions-with-k2-support