Keyword

google indexing problems.

• Alien
  • Alien's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74012 by Alien
Replied by Alien on topic google indexing problems.
I am not the one who takes and goes away. I know open source philosophy.

I do not demand something that I do not pay. I am offering solutions to people for two weeks, on this forum. I lost hours to make K2 work properly.

And also I am using and contributing to joomla for 3 years. ProjectFork name belongs to me. I was in the support team of Art Forms. I translated many components to Turkish. What are you talking about?

Giving software for free does not give people right abuse the others. This is not open source.

If Fotis read your threads, he would be my side. You do not understand the philosophy of Open Source.

You are not the one giving K2 for free. He is giving free extensions to joomla community for years. Making something free is not making something bad. Good and smart developers allways welcome comments.

Cristina Solana said:Using SuperBlogger and K2 might not work either way. I tried running them both simultaneously but when SuperBlogger was active K2 would just give 404 errors. Not really an effective solution anyway.
In many ways, this is way better than Wordpress, but Wordpress has been around a lot longer than K2 - maybe you could be more patient and give the developers time to add features requested. You are not entitled to make demands about something you are not paying for. Furthermore, rather than depending on something so new to deploy a live site that has specific needs - why not wait and find out if that feature is available?

I understand your frustration, but you can't expect a "warm" response, when you use cynicism and make demands of a free extension. For some of us, it is offensive and annoying to hear that kind of talk - especially to a developer(s) who have contributed so much to Joomla. I had to edit my post before I wrote to you initially because it wasn't as polite as it ended up when I revised it. I think to call the lack of a feature - a bug - is inaccurate.

Rather than ranting, you can do one of two things: Develop a plug-in that would make this work how you want it to or add it to the features request and when these people who are working for "free" have a moment to get to it they will consider it and get it done. It is a good idea - but I think your approach has earned you this treatment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74013 by DrDigital
Replied by DrDigital on topic google indexing problems.
BTW, I just looked at his site again, appears to me his SEF is working just fine.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74014 by DrDigital
I have found that superblogger and k2 dont play nicely when you got superblogger trying to run on k2 menu items. I
got 2 sites now with both systems in place and no more 404's

I also have K2 using only Joomla Core SEF/SEO (i refuse to use 3rd party) and I have no issues.

Cristina Solana said:Using SuperBlogger and K2 might not work either way. I tried running them both simultaneously but when SuperBlogger was active K2 would just give 404 errors. Not really an effective solution anyway.
In many ways, this is way better than Wordpress, but Wordpress has been around a lot longer than K2 - maybe you could be more patient and give the developers time to add features requested. You are not entitled to make demands about something you are not paying for. Furthermore, rather than depending on something so new to deploy a live site that has specific needs - why not wait and find out if that feature is available?

I understand your frustration, but you can't expect a "warm" response, when you use cynicism and make demands of a free extension. For some of us, it is offensive and annoying to hear that kind of talk - especially to a developer(s) who have contributed so much to Joomla. I had to edit my post before I wrote to you initially because it wasn't as polite as it ended up when I revised it. I think to call the lack of a feature - a bug - is inaccurate.

Rather than ranting, you can do one of two things: Develop a plug-in that would make this work how you want it to or add it to the features request and when these people who are working for "free" have a moment to get to it they will consider it and get it done. It is a good idea - but I think your approach has earned you this treatment.

• nightshiftcreative.com
More
14 years 6 months ago #74015 by nightshiftcreative.com
Replied by nightshiftcreative.com on topic google indexing problems.
Are you saying K2 is bad? I don't think that because one feature that you would like is not included it makes it bad. I think it makes it a work in progress like other open source projects. Good developers do welcome constructive criticism, not snide comments, cynicism and demands.

What I'm talking about - what I do understand about open source and about life in general is that you should be polite. I understand you are helping people out on the forums - so is Matthew. When ever I can help someone out on the forums I do to, but it does not excuse rudeness. And on top of that you were wrong... your website is indexed.

What I am saying is that you could have easily requested the feature without making it sound like a demand - that annoys people. I was annoyed by the way you worded your "request" - if you can call it that, but I still asked because I would still have been willing to help - but then you got all melodramatic "I give up my friends. Let K2 develop without me. You bright people will make him better in a short time I am sure." It will go on without you. It is a great leap forward - but it isn't finished.

Only ProjectFork I am familiar with is from JoomlaPraise, it is terrific. But that is an entirely separate issue.

Don't let the doorknob hit ya...

Aytac ZEREN said:I am not the one who takes and goes away. I know open source philosophy.
I do not demand something that I do not pay. I am offering solutions to people for two weeks, on this forum. I lost hours to make K2 work properly.

And also I am using and contributing to joomla for 3 years. ProjectFork name belongs to me. I was in the support team of Art Forms. I translated many components to Turkish. What are you talking about?

Giving software for free does not give people right abuse the others. This is not open source.

If Fotis read your threads, he would be my side. You do not understand the philosophy of Open Source.

You are not the one giving K2 for free. He is giving free extensions to joomla community for years. Making something free is not making something bad. Good and smart developers allways welcome comments.

Cristina Solana said:Using SuperBlogger and K2 might not work either way. I tried running them both simultaneously but when SuperBlogger was active K2 would just give 404 errors. Not really an effective solution anyway. In many ways, this is way better than Wordpress, but Wordpress has been around a lot longer than K2 - maybe you could be more patient and give the developers time to add features requested. You are not entitled to make demands about something you are not paying for. Furthermore, rather than depending on something so new to deploy a live site that has specific needs - why not wait and find out if that feature is available?

More
14 years 6 months ago #74016 by DrDigital
Try googling site:pazarilla.com and youll find answer... Im a hired hitman? lol I was giving you insightful information. I have developed SEO software for Joomla, I even was invited by the core team to work the Joomla booth at Linux World 2008. I was only trying to answer youre questions and concerns and give you solutions

Some people want to call joomla out for components not being SEF but did you know, its not joomlas fault that the person who coded the component did not use the router that makes the component sef? Components that use the router properly wont ever need 3rd party addons to obtain SEF status.

• nightshiftcreative.com
More
14 years 6 months ago #74017 by nightshiftcreative.com
:) I don't really care to help him anymore - don't waste your time either.

Matthew Murphy said:BTW, I just looked at his site again, appears to me his SEF is working just fine.

• nightshiftcreative.com
More
14 years 6 months ago #74018 by nightshiftcreative.com
Oh I know. I was tryng to say - I did not want to sound like I was saying that. Not that you did. ;) Let's get on to something more productive.

Matthew Murphy said:I looked his site up on www.dnscoop.com and several other places and didnt say he was lying, just informed him that it has been indexed and a 12 day old site its going to get every page indexed even more so with his domain expiring in less then a year.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74019 by DrDigital
Hows about extra fields multiple times (same field) k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/extra-fields

Cristina Solana said:Oh I know. I was tryng to say - I did not want to sound like I was saying that. Not that you did. ;) Let's get on to something more productive.
Matthew Murphy said:I looked his site up on www.dnscoop.com and several other places and didnt say he was lying, just informed him that it has been indexed and a 12 day old site its going to get every page indexed even more so with his domain expiring in less then a year.

• nightshiftcreative.com
More
14 years 6 months ago #74020 by nightshiftcreative.com
I had two menu items - one was a K2 Content Item - the other a com_content Item. The SuperBlogger Item worked as expected, but the K2 item link just took me to a 404. I didn't even bother honestly because K2 is so powerful that I thought for the particular project, I did not want to spend anytime trying to figure it out.

• Alien
  • Alien's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74021 by Alien
Replied by Alien on topic google indexing problems.
Cristina I think you need a little brain.

Mathew, I am sorry for you my friend. I said you behave like a hired hitman. Did not say hitman. There had been a miss communication between us. This cristina girl drived me crazy. When you said his sites are indexed, I thought you are calling me lier. There was nothing between you and me until cristina drives conversation "who is the best open source supporter" subject. We were on problem.

There is a Photo attached with this post. My friend... I have been googling "site:pazarilla.com" for three days. Three hours ago, there was no results also. The whole day I was dealing with this issue. Now I take 1 result. This is the proof.

Thanks for your kind approach.