Keyword

AllVideos v3.0 to be released in August - What's new?

• JoomlaWorks
  • JoomlaWorks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 6 months ago #1983 by JoomlaWorks
OK people,

we've scheduled to update our AllVideos plugin to v3.0 in August (so, no more 2.5 version).  ;)

This will be a major release, so perhaps the version number might not be the same in the end (might be v3.0, depending on the changes).

Features of the next version (as we've mapped them so far) are:

- New providers of course (including Brightcove, Veoh, Stage6 and MySpace too).
- Member functionality. You'll be able to show videos to everyone or your site members only
- Custom width/height adjustment per video.
- Autostart/autoplay option per video.
- 3GP and DivX format support.
- "Embed video" text box option (like Youtube)
- "Download link" button option (user clicks on it and downloads the video playing).
- Option to display videos in a lightbox-like popup.
- Fullscreen button option for FLV videos.
- "Preview image" option for FLV videos you upload yourself. You will need to additionally upload a preview image.
- Option to enable/disable the EOLAS fix for IE, which sometimes causes issues with other joomla extensions. Perhaps we'll add another solution for EOLAS as well.
- Playlist support for multiple videos or audio tracks displaying in the same "player box".
- JCE editor button to easily insert AllVideos tags.

We're also considering to expand AllVideos a bit more. What do we have in mind? Well, something like your own "personalized player". Meaning a CSS-styled box in which videos display, including the "embed video" text box and a "rating" toolbar.

Optionally, we're considering to add a "Google Adsense" insert tag or something like that next to the videos.

As you can understand, the changes are many and we've already completed a few. So, it still needs some work, but, trust me, the result will blow your mind.

This post will be open for everyone to post their comments on the above, as well as suggestions.

Thanx everyone.  ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
The topic has been locked.
More
16 years 11 months ago #1984 by Robert Belgrad
Replied by Robert Belgrad on topic Re: AllVideos v2.5 to be released in May - What's new?
This is fantastic news! Thank you.
Would it be possible to post a more comprehensive list of the new providers that will be supported? I was pleased to see Brightcove listed... is LiveLeak also going to be supported?

Cheers! Can't wait!
More
16 years 11 months ago #1985 by aravot
Great news, will this still be free?
More
16 years 11 months ago #1986 by deleoye
Fantastic plugin and I'm really excited about the coming update. I howecer wonder if it would be possible to generate a Joomla content page with the player embedded where the media file is not specified using the editor, but from a link. This is different to the popup option, where the player is the only thing that is displayed. I would instead like to display a normal content page but with the player embedded. However, I don't want to have to create a content page for each media file, I want to display. Even if this feature would not be suitable for inclusion in the new update, do you think it's easily achievable by hacking the code?
  • JoomlaWorks
  • Admin
More
16 years 11 months ago #1987 by JoomlaWorks
@Kafir
I had moral hesitations on inluding Liveleak to tell you the truth. If others ask for it, then we will add it. Otherwise, we won't. People, we need to progress, not go back (both in technology and culture).

@Aravot
AllVideos will always be FREE. Plus, we do not plan to "switch" any other of our extensions to "PRO". Commercial products will come in the future, but they will be totally new.

@deleoye
No, I'm afraid what you ask cannot be handled by a plugin. However, I can tell you that we're preparing a video management component which will be launched hopefully by June. It will be M-A-S-S-I-V-E. If you're in a hurry, check out Seyret at www.joomlaholic.com .

---
More
16 years 11 months ago #1988 by deleoye
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I checked out Seyret and it looked cool, but the media files I'm managing are almost exclusively MP3s and not videos. Basically I want to present the user a list like so:

MP3 file 1 PLAY
MP3 file 2 PLAY
MP3 file 3 PLAY
MP3 file 4 PLAY

Then when they click on Play, a new content page appears with an embedded player playing the MP3 file. I know I can do this by creating each content page beforehand, but I would prefer them to be dynamically generated.
  • JoomlaWorks
  • Admin
More
16 years 11 months ago #1989 by JoomlaWorks
Yes, something like that will be possible with v2.5 of AllVideos.  :D

---
More
16 years 11 months ago #1990 by deleoye
Bring it on! Can't wait. You guys are awesome.
More
16 years 11 months ago #1991 by Eric Vaillancourt
Replied by Eric Vaillancourt on topic Re: AllVideos v2.5 to be released in May - What's new?
Nice news... if you need beta tester, ping me :p
Will launch a new Video Web site at the end of may, and some feature you list there will be VERY useful.

May I add a suggestion ? How about a fullscreen option ?
More
16 years 11 months ago #1992 by webwannabee
Wow! May was always my favourite month- and now even more so, can't wait!  I registered on here to get help with AllVideos because, although I could quickly download the other great plugins shown beside AllVideos (just to see) my computer just hangs when I tried the AV, (think it's my computer though) and I really really (really) wanted it, it seemed- IMO- to be the best, it's awesome.  But there's always a reason, now I will just wait for the new realease...can't wait, when in May again?  :) thanks for all the hard work guys.