Keyword

AllVideos v3.0 to be released in August - What's new?

More
16 years 9 months ago #2123 by arbit3r

Pickles-

For example:
The front page of professionalrockstars.com uses a slightly modified AllVideos 2.4 to display the player on the front page with a playlist, thumbnails and captions.

realy well made player, im interested in seeing how it was modified to show thumbnails in that way, great job on that.
The topic has been locked.
  • JoomlaWorks
  • JoomlaWorks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
More
16 years 9 months ago #2124 by JoomlaWorks
@prorockstarsdotcom

Very, very good.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
More
16 years 9 months ago #2125 by Canuck
That is really cool  :)
More
16 years 9 months ago #2126 by charlesd81
arbit3r: wanna explain on you did that for some of us? :)
  • JoomlaWorks
  • JoomlaWorks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
More
16 years 9 months ago #2127 by JoomlaWorks
OK people. I can confirm now that the release of the new AllVideos plugin will be in August (hooray! we've made a release schedule so that we will not fuck other releases up!! :) )!

The new version will be v3.0 (and not 2.5).

BTW, I have opened a new sticky post to collect people's preferences on new video providers to be added in v3.0. This post will remain open until the end of July and you can submit there your favorite international or even local video websites.

(I'm off on vacation now!  :D)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
More
16 years 9 months ago #2128 by prorockstarsdotcom
Replied by prorockstarsdotcom on topic Re: AllVideos v3.0 to be released in August - What's new?
Thanks for the kind words!  8)

Until AllVideos 3.0 is released you can use the mods I posted here on my blog to get:

Fullscreen flash videos

Video Playlists

Fullscreen Video Playlists

Videos with Preview Images

Fullscreen videos with Preview Images

Enjoy!

FYI: This is an earnest attempt at preventing the potential flood of whining about the postponed/reset release date. Hopefully this will tide most of you over until 3.0 is out with all of these features (and more) included with backend administration.

I'll happily make myself available here to help answer any questions about the mods. Give the Greeks a break ;)
More
16 years 9 months ago #2129 by xox8xox
hey prorockstarsdotcom
thanks for the mod updates, but one question for the full screen option how can we have the full screen to be initiated when the user clicks on a full screen button just like the flash video player on their demo sites.. ?

we wanna have the video to play in normal size and if the user wants they can click a button on the player and have it full screen and by pressing ESC would go back to normal size
More
16 years 9 months ago #2130 by prorockstarsdotcom
Replied by prorockstarsdotcom on topic Re: AllVideos v3.0 to be released in August - What's new?

we wanna have the video to play in normal size and if the user wants they can click a button on the player and have it full screen and by pressing ESC would go back to normal size

That is precisely what those fullscreen mods will do.
They activate the fullscreen button for Flash 9+ players which behave exactly as you've written here.
More
16 years 9 months ago #2131 by xox8xox
yes but the player that comes with allvideos 2.4 doesn't have the full screen button on it and therefore the code you provided doesn't do anything :(

can you tell me which version of the player and what other files we need to upload to our joomla for the fullscreen feature to work please ..

Thanks
More
16 years 9 months ago #2132 by xox8xox
nevermind I got it, all I had to do was to replace the old video player with the new one and full screen worked :)