Keyword

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

• Individual IT
  • Individual IT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Developer of the K2 Import / Export Tool
More
9 years 7 months ago #58930 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hi kelvin.
Did you select the option to overwrite items. If you did so then maybe some items are overwritten.

The export of images only exports the path. you have to transfer the images yourself to the new server and give its path in the CSV file.
the "path to an image" can be the path to an existing file on your server, starting from the joomla-root e.g. images/stories/pastarchives.jpg

Please check also the documentation:
www.individual-it.net/en/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #58931 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hi Fotis,
yes I'm glad its used a lot.
Do you mean that I should install a forum on my own domain? If possible I would prefer to stay on getk2.org. It's simply just less work for me.

More
9 years 7 months ago #58932 by JoomlaWorks
Having a dedicated forum might have been a good idea for searching, announcements, bugs and so on. But if you prefer to keep this post, then it's OK with me :)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #58933 by kelvin

Individual IT wrote: Hi kelvin.
Did you select the option to overwrite items. If you did so then maybe some items are overwritten.

The export of images only exports the path. you have to transfer the images yourself to the new server and give its path in the CSV file.
the "path to an image" can be the path to an existing file on your server, starting from the joomla-root e.g. images/stories/pastarchives.jpg

Please check also the documentation:
www.individual-it.net/en/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html

I did not select the option to overwrite items. i worked with the default settings. i have tried to export and import the category again and am still getting the same result.
I also noticed that the category imported does not appear in the category tab.
this is very urgent as am under pressure from my client.

[Solved] Eventually i was able to find a way around this issue. I increased the "Import Rows Per Loop" from 10 to 500. this way i was able to import all my 197 items without issues. This was done on the test website i had installed on my laptop. I am yet to try this on the Live site, this may be an issue based on PHP max_execution_time. But am thinking if the Live site can handle it then its ok, if not then i can import 10-15 rows per loop and then continue by using "Start num row" to import 10 - 15 rows at a time. If there is any other way to make this easier for me i would appreciate it.
I hope this would help someone out there.

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #58934 by Individual IT
I'm happy to hear its working but its still strange.
If it works with 500rows in one go it should work with less.
can you post your CSV file?

More
9 years 7 months ago #58935 by kelvin

Individual IT wrote: I'm happy to hear its working but its still strange.
If it works with 500rows in one go it should work with less.
can you post your CSV file?

been working on this for days now.. need help desperately, i have backed up my images from /media/k2/items/src. and copied them to my localhost on my laptop, when ever i edit the image column of the exported .csv file to point to the new image location, i get an endless looping and eventually the import page stops to load, i dont get to see a success on import page, but when i check k2 i see my items, also after creating a menu link to the category i get this error message on the frontpage;

An error has occurred.
The requested page cannot be found.

Home Page
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.
#403 You are not authorized to view this resource

here is the link to the export CSV file.
Pressplay360.opendrive.com/files/OF80ODUyNTMzMl9qNGxSeF85OTI4/Hype.zip

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #58936 by Individual IT
Hi,
please try not to place the images into the same folder as on the source system. Place them into the tmp folder of joomla and in the CSV file give the path starting from the joomla root without leading slash.
Please check also the documentation www.individual-it.net/en/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html

Afterwards please report if you still have problems.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #58937 by kelvin

Individual IT wrote: Hi,
please try not to place the images into the same folder as on the source system. Place them into the tmp folder of joomla and in the CSV file give the path starting from the joomla root without leading slash.
Please check also the documentation www.individual-it.net/en/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html

Afterwards please report if you still have problems.

Thanks a lot. I finally got it working, after i created a menu item for the imported category i noticed my imported items were not showing, i noticed that access level was set to 0 on the CSV file so i changed a few access level on some k2 items in the k2 component and the few i changed showed up on the front page with out issues.
My Question! when editing my other CSV files, in the access level column what value should i set for public access instead of the 0 value? thanks for your patience am almost done!

Solved! i simply changed the value from 0 to 1 in all my exported CSV files. that way they become public on the frontend. This is one plugin i enjoyed working with. thanks!

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #58938 by Individual IT
Glad to hear its working.
The values do correspond directly to the values in the database.

If you like the extension a comment or rating at JED would be great

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #58939 by Individual IT
I've just updated the extension and published two new versions:

2.1 for Joomla 3.x
changes:
  • small bugfixes
  • better date checks
  • import/export Hints + Item Parameters

1.3 for Joomla 1.5 - 2.x
changes:
  • small bugfixes
  • better date checks
  • works better with K2 2.6.8 , actually K2 2.6.8 is now required. If you are using an older version of K2 please make an update of K2

As always: If you recently bought the extension please check the link you received after payment, it might be still valid (for every EURO you pay you get 10 days of free download)

Have fun: K2 Import/Export tool