Keyword

Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?

More
12 years 8 months ago #98087 by FeSys
Back to the main Question...

Have a look at this fantastic News portal By www.GAVICK.com... USES K2 2.5 beta... The Template is fully customized and compatible with Joomla 1.7...

I guess it proves that K2 2.5 beta compatible with J 1.7.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98088 by Chris James
Replied by Chris James on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Sorry.. But DOES it look like anyone here wants to buy your template?

Followeyes said:
Back to the main Question...

More
12 years 8 months ago #98089 by Chris James
Replied by Chris James on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
You work fast :-)

So Warrick... Which should I dive into tommorow: Zoo or Seblod?

Warrick van den Heever said:

O.K last chance for K2.

I am now able to use Zoo and Seblod. I am going to attempt to move a site from J1.5 to J1.7 using the K2 2.5 beta cck. One problem I have right away is does anyone have a fix for AllVideos ?

Does any of the die hards out there know if :-

The SIG pro is working?
Does anyone have a fix for AllVideos ?

I know there will be work involve but once the site is done I will have a Zoo, K2 and Seblod version. I will then compare but if I can't get K2 to work well then it will be a 2 horse race.

;)

More
12 years 8 months ago #98090 by Chris James
Thanks for the heads-up.

I currently have a small site that needs a relatively quick turn-around so I think I will use ZOO.

But I also have another bigger project too that has a larger demand (and thankfully) no specific deadline so I may try and crack that on with Seblod, after reading the thread and your comments here it seems a little meatier.

Seblod is flippin hard to get my head around. Though it looks like a good one to stick with as support is present and tutorials are becomming available. The forms I built need lots of work. This one is definately one to learn and stick with for the long term

Zoo works well just need to follow the tutorials really well. Did the job but is hard to style unless you build your own templates. The support is a bit like K2 as you have to pay a subscription to post on their forum and I have been told thats not good either.

In a utopian world I would use K2 for quick smaller sites and Seblod more complexed site. Seblod is still a RC and will be a few months before the stable version comes out. Seblod team are going to make it more user friendly as soon as the stable version is released. That said there are already people using this on their sites.

If you need a solution now Zoo was the easiest to learn and implement but I would still rather have K2!

More
12 years 8 months ago #98091 by Rashid Lakhlu
Replied by Rashid Lakhlu on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
I hope these are good enws, but whats basically the difference between SVN and RC? Could they just change the title?

Just to let the community know K2 is now a Release Candidate. I just went to the download section and found the SVN is no longer a beta.

If anyone knows what is going on with AllVideo please let us know! Maybe someone has a solution?

Thanks

More
12 years 8 months ago #98092 by Rashid Lakhlu
Replied by Rashid Lakhlu on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Struggling to check it out when i get home in 5 hours.....

GOD HELP US ALL :)

Will post a review on common bugs found in svn version if there is any difference

More
12 years 8 months ago #98093 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
On a test site, I installed the AllVideo plugin for 1.5 to a 1.7/k2 25RC.

The embed code will work and display in k2 items, but the other features are not showing up.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98094 by FeSys
@Chris James It's not my template... it's GAVICK's..

I just tell that it uses K2 svn 2.5 for Joomla I.7

Chris James said:

More
12 years 8 months ago #98095 by Chris James
Thanks Followeyes,

it just seemed like an ad as it's not really relevant (other than K2 apparently works).(I think) most people here are able to create or modify templates... It's K2 we want and we want it to work in J1.7 as well or better than it did in Joomla 1.5 regardless of the template...

However, you have my apologies if you felt i was harsh :-)

Followeyes said:

@Chris James It's not my template... it's GAVICK's..

I just tell that it uses K2 svn 2.5 for Joomla I.7

Chris James said:

More
12 years 8 months ago #98096 by Rashid Lakhlu
Nothing`s been changed , these tards just changed the name