Keyword

Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?

More
12 years 7 months ago #98147 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Something must be right...see Gavick's blog post here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #98148 by Jonathan Rosenbaum
Replied by Jonathan Rosenbaum on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
oh.  any eta on the 1.7 launch?  sounds like you got a lot of work ahead of you.

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
12 years 7 months ago #98149 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Is k2 gonna be marked as stable in the next 2 weeks?

More
12 years 6 months ago #98150 by Adnan Pirota
Replied by Adnan Pirota on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
It would have been better if K2 was paid component :(

More
12 years 6 months ago #98151 by Gameinatrix
Replied by Gameinatrix on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
At this rate I'm going to have to leave K2 behind and find something else. I love K2 but I want to update my site and I've been holding back on doing so.

Every other mod and com I have are all based off of K2 so I've had to wait so I didn't have a completely non-functional site. All of these mods and coms have updated for 1.7 and K2 has not.  As I said I don't want to go but may not have a choice here soon. I have to get my site ready for the holidays and can't be reliant on a beta version. I do hope this will be working soon. I'm giving it another 2 weeks then will begin trying to migrate to something else.

• Pixel Point Creative LLC
More
12 years 6 months ago #98152 by Pixel Point Creative LLC
Replied by Pixel Point Creative LLC on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
I wanted to share my experiences with everyone. I have been following this thread for a while now and like everyone else here really do love K2 and hope for a release soon. That being said, I had a 1.5 site that used K2 and the client really wanted to upgrade to 1.7. I decided to give it a go with the K2 2.5 SVN. All said and done it now functions and works well minus one issue I didn't look into fixing. That is item ordering does not work int he admin. Other than that I was able to get everything else working OK, BUT it was a huge headache and took some skills. If you don't have some My SQL and Php My admin skills, you might as well forget it. My approach was to export the tables from the 1.5 version and import them into the 1.7 version. First problem upon inspection is that the permissions were not copied. This made it so you could not browse to any K2 item in the front end without a 404. I had to bulk update the permissions column in the database for all items and categories. Now I could see the items in the frontend. Next, i wasn't able to save anything in K2. No category or item changes. The error I received was about a missing language column. Again I bulk updated the items and categories tables. I added a language column. This solved it. Next, all images were lost. Had to redo them. Not practical for a big site. In my case it was only about 30-40. Attachments did not work either. They were in the proper folder media/k2/attachments. The association to the files was not working. 404 page. I eventually found a post in this forum to direct link to attachments. That worked and I was back in business. Finally the settings for categories (ie comments off, hits on) appeared to be copied over when viewing in the front end, but if you decided to edit and item or category, they were all lost and reverted back to default. So I had to redo the setting for the categories. Not too bad since most inherited theirs from one or two categories. All in all it was a learning experience. As of now, I have a fully functional 1.7 site running K2 2.5 SVN, but it WAS a hassle and not practical for most. I am hoping that K2 releases a migration tool when the stable version is out to avoid all the pitfalls i have had. My two cents. If you really want to migrate your site now, it will be a pain and you will not be happy while you are doing it. Once it is done, it works but still a huge hassle. I would also suggest cloning your site and doing on a dev server so you can work through it over time. All and all the SVN seems pretty stable once it was all running. I think installed it on a new 1.7 site would be OK. Hopefully they will iron out the remaining bugs and get a item migrator in place and we might be in business.........................hopefully before Joomla 3.5 is released. :)

More
12 years 6 months ago #98153 by alyalasadi
Replied by alyalasadi on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
helleo, i need k2 for joomla 1.7.1 ... pleasee !!!!

date of release ??

More
12 years 6 months ago #98154 by pedrox
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Is this a joke?? ahahahaha

Sorry, but this issue has already exceeded the ridiculous long ago, and have already fallen into total farce

K2 has become a joke

More
12 years 6 months ago #98155 by Chris James
Replied by Chris James on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Falling foul of my own curiosity I decided to come back to this thread after a fair few weeks from comment... Just to see if there was/is any progress. I had several responses from 'loyal' fans that made me feel arrogant, inadequate or stupid for asking where the hell K2 for 1.7 is. Well guys... It still isn't here and I'm no longer clinging on in hope of K2. It was great in its day but I think that day has come and gone

I have always been a fan/user/contributor to "open source" CMS but all this failure has done is fuelled the fire of those that insist proprietary systems having a more responsive support. A weakness has been exposed in my business due to lack of support/comment from vendors of systems like K2 and with no response as to when/IF an update will come

The good news here (and I’m sure I’m not alone) is that, being a professional that uses/relies on Joomla,Wordpress, Modx and Magento for the foundation of my business, that I need to be VERY careful which modules/widgets/components I use in future client work.

I really hoped the guys would deliver but so far this thread has been IGNORED by ‘official’ response. Farewell to a great component… And please don’t waste your time or pixels flaming me fan boys. It’s over for me.

More
12 years 6 months ago #98156 by Garzarath
Replied by Garzarath on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Hi Chris,

What alternative to K2 are you using or going to use?

Thanks

Chris James said:

Falling foul of my own curiosity I decided to come back to this thread after a fair few weeks from comment... Just to see if there was/is any progress. I had several responses from 'loyal' fans that made me feel arrogant, inadequate or stupid for asking where the hell K2 for 1.7 is. Well guys... It still isn't here and I'm no longer clinging on in hope of K2. It was great in its day but I think that day has come and gone

I have always been a fan/user/contributor to "open source" CMS but all this failure has done is fuelled the fire of those that insist proprietary systems having a more responsive support. A weakness has been exposed in my business due to lack of support/comment from vendors of systems like K2 and with no response as to when/IF an update will come

The good news here (and I’m sure I’m not alone) is that, being a professional that uses/relies on Joomla,Wordpress, Modx and Magento for the foundation of my business, that I need to be VERY careful which modules/widgets/components I use in future client work.

I really hoped the guys would deliver but so far this thread has been IGNORED by ‘official’ response. Farewell to a great component… And please don’t waste your time or pixels flaming me fan boys. It’s over for me.