Keyword

Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
12 years 7 months ago #98067 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Troponin, you are not right. K2 i joomlaworks's component, not mine. It's gpl and i can do whatever i want with it. I am BTW Joomlaworks customer (i bought few extentions) and i expect k2 to be updated to work with them!

We do not push the k2 developers - we only wanted to know if they are going to release version of k2 for joomla 1.7 .

And now he told that is going to release verson. So all of you,  please be patient and wait few more weeks.

BTW Fotis told that this is RC .

Regards, Kiril , eu-bloger.eu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #98068 by Muhanad Habbal
Replied by Muhanad Habbal on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
hi Troponin

how do you expect people to test stuff and spend time debugging issues if the team behind it doesnt answer a topic of 86+ posts .. its like asking people to spend time looking for bugs for nothing .. if the team takes a min to say " hey we are still there and we are going to continue support 1.7 can we please help us in beta testing " then things will be different .. you wouldnt find people complaining about lack of communication.. if joomlaworks excpect people to know that they will continue updating their extensions without saying so .. they are wrong!
Troponin said:

Hey Folks,

I think there are always two sides of the Story.

The first thing is that Fotis and his Team dont give enough Information to the Community (like I told him on Twitter) espacially for next Releases, when will Allvidoes Plugin Joomla 1.7 ready etc.

On the other Hand I ask me what did you all do to get the SVN 2.5 stable ? You all scream for a Stable K2 Joomla 1.7 Version. But there are just a few of you who posted known Bugs. So I have to ask who of you really tried the SVN 2.5 ?

And what did you do to get K2 faster for Joomla 1.7 ?

AllVideos Plugin isnt available for 1.7 at the moment. But it is released under GPL. So who tried to convert it to 1.7 ?

"Open Source matters" its all for taking and giving.

But if I look in the K2 Community Forum it looks like the most always taking. Too many unreplied Threads of People who need help.

So grab your on nose and trie to think about what can you do to get a good working K2 for Joomla 1.7

just my five cent.

regards

Thorsten

More
12 years 7 months ago #98069 by troponin
Hi Nani,

like I wrote in my post you are right. Like I said I think tho informations from jomomlaworks are to small - against zero.

But a Community is just as good as people give and take. And the giving (answer questions) here is most times the same.

I understand it really that it is frustrating getting no Information. And I am in the same boat as you. I just wanted some people to remember that a little work from each other is a big help for everyone.

greets Thorsten

Nani Luis said:

hi Troponin

.. if the team takes a min to say " hey we are still there and we are going to continue support 1.7 can we please help us in beta testing " t...

More
12 years 7 months ago #98070 by Chris James
Replied by Chris James on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
 As was said by Warrick I support K2 by buying joomlaworks plug-ins for K2. Is this not good enough? I don't have time to beta test every plug_in I use

Open source works by people sharing INFORMATION as much as code... There is no point in creating something and then asking everyone else to test/fix it for you if you have not done the ground work yourself.

I (like others) have stated that we love(d) K2, but if we are good at what we do (or really bad) it's unlikely we have time to test and test and test again if the 'developer' does not communicate by return. The fact that this thread has continued for almost 10 pages with NO 'official' response kind of proves the point that the 'open source' ethic is way out of balance.

Many of us have our livelyhood/businesses at risk when we can't get support... But that is often after-the-fact (something has gone wrong) and that is the 'risk' of open source rather than being able to scream at the author of commercial work. However to not even be given a clear idea of WHEN an up-to-date version of a large and very powerful but therefore crucial part of our sites/client sites will be working is just not good enough in my mind.

We are not talking about a small module that flashes a banner or something here... K2 is (for many) is a complete and fantastic system that just happens to require Joomla to function.

Troponin said:

Hi Nani,

like I wrote in my post you are right. Like I said I think tho informations from jomomlaworks are to small - against zero.

But a Community is just as good as people give and take. And the giving (answer questions) here is most times the same.

I understand it really that it is frustrating getting no Information. And I am in the same boat as you. I just wanted some people to remember that a little work from each other is a big help for everyone.

greets Thorsten

Nani Luis said:

hi Troponin

.. if the team takes a min to say " hey we are still there and we are going to continue support 1.7 can we please help us in beta testing " t...

More
12 years 7 months ago #98071 by Mark Foster
Replied by Mark Foster on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Umm can anyone get plugins to work in the new build?

{loadposition frontrss} for example is just showing the text and not pulling in the module I need?

Thanks

More
12 years 7 months ago #98072 by Muhanad Habbal
Replied by Muhanad Habbal on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Developers of k2 .. you disappoint me for not replying all those people .. seriously like said in the blog comments .. you are unprofessional :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #98073 by troponin
hm x-posting ?

IMHO in the past Releases it wasn't working too.

Just SIGPro and AllVideos Plugin.

Warrick van den Heever said:

Make sure the editor you are using is not changing the html when you save. This can be changed I think you have to have permission under global configuration.

Hope this helps

Mark Foster said:

Umm can anyone get plugins to work in the new build?

{loadposition frontrss} for example is just showing the text and not pulling in the module I need?

Thanks

More
12 years 7 months ago #98074 by Mark Foster
Replied by Mark Foster on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Thanks

Hmm sure I've used it before on other 1.5 sites. .

Yeah tried saving without an editor but no joy, ok will work around it

More
12 years 7 months ago #98075 by Chris James
Replied by Chris James on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
And the winner is... Zoo (I have decided to go learn zoo). it kind of reminds me of the day i dumped Modx for Wordpress... Modx was (at the time) in many was easier and better yet there just was not the interest or support.

i really can't be bothered to wait any longer for a worthwhile reply (from the developers). i know its a community but I just need a reliable WELL SUPPORTED system that will enable me to do the best and easiest job for my clients.

Time is money. A sad fact maybe but a fact nonetheless.

• Pixel Point Creative LLC
More
12 years 7 months ago #98076 by Pixel Point Creative LLC
Replied by Pixel Point Creative LLC on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Hi Guys,

I am feeling your pain. Our website runs on K2 and Nbill. We have several K2 extensions. I love K2. It is easy an intuitive. Inheriting parameters is sweet. BUT we have got to press ahead. We developed an extension called K2 Expander. It rules. You can see it is action here: netshelter.com/marketers

I wanted to use this on our next template release. That means I have to build the site in 1.5. That's going backwards for us. 1.7 is here and we all have to embrace change. So we are going to port this extension over to Zoo also. Now we can do 1.7 for the template.

I too am amazed at the lack of response. It is amazing to me that this thread is so long. We are all obviously passionate about K2. I just wish the developers would say  "Hi." Let us know something. Anything. We've been holding out hope but we are starting to jump ship, right and left.

All I have read about Seblod also sounds amazing. I have yet to test it, but their users seem to love it and say it is a more complex to learn but super powerful. Once you master it, you won't need other extensions at all. It can do it all. That sounds pretty good huh? That is the problem for me as well. For my own needs, I might look into Seblod, but clients like the simplicity of K2. It is super easy to learn. Everything in a tidy package. I will be using Zoo on the new demo now so I am just getting started with it. Seems pretty sweet so far.