Keyword

Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?

More
12 years 8 months ago #98007 by Pulkit Gera
Replied by Pulkit Gera on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
We don't want a new template ... We want K2 ... Stop advertising to people who couldn't give a damn about what u r selling ...

nascimento said:
Template for Joomlla_16 with K2

AirStream by Pixels Paradise

K2 for J!1.6 (demo)

www.airstream.joomlatemplates.info/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 8 months ago #98008 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
All we need is just a little patience.. :D ( Read the line like how Axl Rose sings it )

K2 Rocks \m/

More
12 years 8 months ago #98009 by Pulkit Gera
Replied by Pulkit Gera on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Joomla 1.6 came out in Jan (for 6 months), K2 didn't bother upgrading ...

Joomla 1.7 is here for another 6 months (I don't thin K2 will bother) ...

Joomla 1.8 will be here next year and it might just have most of the K2 functionality ...

Paid software rules ... People care enough to look after it when it's paid ... Free software usually costs as much as it delivers ... and yes, sue me for saying this ...

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 8 months ago #98010 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
@Pulkit Gera : K2 is FREE and it's available and stable!! You can still use it with Joomla 1.5.23. I don't think anyone would like to sue you but just wondering, if paid software rules - why you're using Joomla ?

Pulkit Gera said:
Joomla 1.6 came out in Jan (for 6 months), K2 didn't bother upgrading ...

Joomla 1.7 is here for another 6 months (I don't thin K2 will bother) ...

Joomla 1.8 will be here next year and it might just have most of the K2 functionality ...

Paid software rules ... People care enough to look after it when it's paid ... Free software usually costs as much as it delivers ... and yes, sue me for saying this ...

K2 Rocks \m/

More
12 years 8 months ago #98011 by Pulkit Gera
Good question ... I use vBulletin for my forums ... Unfortunately, the company I work for insists on using Joomla ... I have no option but to comply ... and oh, how I wish they'd use en exceptionally well supported free software called Wordpress instead ...

• Adamo
  • Adamo's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #98012 by Adamo
Wordpress is very different from Joomla: it hasn't all the extensions that joomla has, and hasn't this great variety. Wordpress is a toy, a very complete toy, but ever a toy... for now... IMHO...

More
12 years 8 months ago #98013 by Pulkit Gera
Wordpress a toy?

Have you ever used it's CMS capabilities?

Have you ever seen the exact number of plugings it has? (15,405 as I write this) ...

Wordpress updates itself almost every two weeks ... Compare that with Joomla ...

Do some research before you make a comment ...

• Adamo
More
12 years 8 months ago #98014 by Adamo
I think it could be similar to a religion: i like Joomla, you like Wordpress. One other person could like Drupal. At this time all i'd like to do with Joomla i could and i can't tell the same thing about Wordpress. But it could be that i don't know WP well...

• The White Alchemist S.L.
More
12 years 8 months ago #98015 by The White Alchemist S.L.
Replied by The White Alchemist S.L. on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Sorry, but all of this sounds to me like nonsense. This is not a forum to compare CMS, although it seems clear, at least to me, that components like K2 are being, and will be, sustituted by propers CMS or components like Seblod, at the end: personalized templates inside content that make that content more customizable in few steps. The strange thing is that no K2 devs  are answering to their followers.

It is a pity, i have sites built with K2 that connect items with great addons as K2dynamap, Jomsocial connections, etc, etc, etc... and now, after two years of life, i have to find how to "export" their content to another damn format just because i can't assure my clients continuity with K2.

I understand that free and open source components like K2 doesn't  have the "obligation" to continue support, but... it is fair to develope something with great expectations, tons of work from other people to make it better and then just silence? We just want to know if this is gonna continue or we need to look for alternatives now to offer our client.

At the end, we work for clients who ask for the integrity we are selling.

Tell me.

• Adamo
More
12 years 8 months ago #98016 by Adamo

I understand that free and open source components like K2 doesn't  have the "obligation" to continue support, but... it is fair to develope something with great expectations, tons of work from other people to make it better and then just silence? We just want to know if this is gonna continue or we need to look for alternatives now to offer our client.