Keyword

Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?

More
12 years 8 months ago #98127 by Pablo de la Cruz
Replied by Pablo de la Cruz on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Yeah, you keep waiting. I've lost count of all the software projects I've seen vanishing through the years due to developers losing initial momentum. I don't blame them, eventually everybody gets tired of what they're doing, especially if there's little to zero profit coming from it.

I wish I was wrong, but I don't expect K2 to resurrect. Better find another CMS, as Joomla is clearly not waiting for anyone and I won't get stuck with incomplete 1.5 just in order to use K2. For me, now it's Seblod time - hard as it may seem I find lots of advantages over both K2 and Zoo, including real live supporting developers for a change.

By the way Joomlaworks' twitter account is a huge joke. First (dismissive) looks at 1.7? BIKES & BABES CALENDAR?? Are you serious???

So, farewell Joomlaworks. Thankfully I did not invest too much time riding with you. A pity as some of your plugins looked nice enough to justify spending cash in them, but I won't risk facing an angry customer on your behalf whenever trouble hits and you're not around.

One last word - thanks for the helping hands at these forums, you guys are positively the best K2 has to offer.

Hope your wait is worth it in the end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98128 by Chris James
Replied by Chris James on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Fair point... However I have stated all along how much I want to K2 and how great it is. As a result I check the thread when I get an email and as there is no preview in the email I click the link to see if there has been any word. Then I may respond to comments directed at me (like this one). I can't be bothered with twitter and its benile contributions... I've already begun the process of 'moving on' and with that note I'm outta here although I may pick up with K2 one day on a future site (if it ever gets launched).

Bye for now fan-boys.

Lance Thompson said:.

It's obvious you care about K2 or you wouldn't keep coming back.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98129 by Mark Edgeley
Replied by Mark Edgeley on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
I've been following this thread with interest for a while as I've got a few sites using K2.

For J1.7 it looks like I'll move away from K2 but I'm unsure how to move the current K2 content across.

At the moment I'm thinking of exporting the K2 items & dropping the extra fields but haven't tested anything yet.

Has anyone investigated moving K2 items back to J! Content?

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
12 years 8 months ago #98130 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
I asked joomlaworks if k2 2.5 is enoguh stable to be used with joomla 1.7 and he said yes. I asked him too if they plan to release k2 stable in the next two months and he said yes.

More
12 years 8 months ago #98131 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
@kiril What did you use on the subject page of your site to create the layout with all the categories?

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
12 years 7 months ago #98132 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
If you are asking about this website www.razberi.info/%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%82.html 

i am using the menu module

More
12 years 7 months ago #98133 by Adnan Pirota
Replied by Adnan Pirota on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
I am using 2.5SVN on J1.6 at www.cyberspace-ks.com (it is live page) and it is OK except for the tag cloud

More
12 years 7 months ago #98134 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
@adam, this looks good. What trouble is the tag cloud giving?

More
12 years 7 months ago #98135 by Adnan Pirota
Replied by Adnan Pirota on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
@William I believe you were responding to my post, the problem with tag cloud is that it does not show anything only the module name. The SVN is about 2 weeks old I have seen in the bug page that someone has posted this as a bug, but I am not sure if it is repaired or not. Also it is very hard to know when SVN was last updated, it would be nice to know if it is updated every day or to have some numeric version note

More
12 years 7 months ago #98136 by troponin
hmm... In my case the Tag Funktion and the Tag Cloud in Module is okay.