Keyword

Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?

More
12 years 7 months ago #98047 by Mark Foster
Replied by Mark Foster on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
That's fantastic , all we wanted to hear :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #98048 by Paul Scanlon
Replied by Paul Scanlon on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Where do we get it from? the download still says svn version?

More
12 years 7 months ago #98049 by Muhanad Habbal
Replied by Muhanad Habbal on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
its not fair simply because of the big push template providers gave to k2 .. and joomlaworks still encourge template providers to support k2, check most big template providers .. they all have support for k2 .. and they are 1.7 compatible where k2 is still 1.6 beta .. if my template providers ( rockettheme and joomlart ) support it next month im going to scream in their forums ..they really need to support comapnies who are up to date and care about its customers .. 80 replies and no answer from moderators say a lot to me :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #98050 by Mark Foster
Replied by Mark Foster on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Well I've put it on a 1.7 site and although I've not done a massive amount yet, it seems very stable to me

More
12 years 7 months ago #98051 by Chris James
Replied by Chris James on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Hi Mark

is that a live/client site though or a test site?

i think the issue here is that nobody is answering with any confidence and reassuring us that our investment in time and effort will be rewarded with an up-to-date and useable (production envirnment) site that we could knowingly suggest is the best way forward for clients (our reputation).

As you will note if you have read back through the posts (many of us are BIG fans/users of K2) but we're feeling jittery as there is not real response to Joomla 1.6 after 6 months and Fotis said originially he was NOT going to support it.

Now we are at 1.7 and still no SOLID information. i for one would love to carry on with K2 because I love it AND don't have time currently to play with Zoo (for example). But NO response is NOT good enough in my opinion and does not instil faith.

Mark Foster said:

Well I've put it on a 1.7 site and although I've not done a massive amount yet, it seems very stable to me

More
12 years 7 months ago #98052 by Mark Foster
Site i'm currently building for a client, only a straight forward one so ideal for trying it out whilst putting it together

Not had any problems so far other than the layout being a bit skewed in admin parameters but that's just a css issue with the default 1.7 admin template I think

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 7 months ago #98053 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
I have Joomla 1.7 and K2 v2.5 (SVN) installed without any issues, i'm actually working on a clients site in localhost. I'm adding all the articles again and so far have not had any issues. Just that if i use the default Joomla template, the K2 image and social sharing icons alignment breaks, and the admin area parameters is misaligned. Refer to the screenshot attached.

K2 Rocks \m/
Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #98054 by Chris James
Replied by Chris James on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.7?
Thanks Mark/Kannan

This gives me a more confidence... But if it works Ok I'm still left wondering why no announcements...

i have just aquired a small site for an old client that wants to test a market... i may just go for it and see what happens. I'm still going to look at Zoo though now. just in case.

More
12 years 7 months ago #98055 by Tonttu
There is no free multilanguage support for ZOO. I had to hack it myself to make it work. I want to ditch ZOO as soon as possible, for K2 or Seblod. Seblod is getting better English documentation and I hope K2 will, too. ZOO has great documentation so it was the fastest to get up and running. K2 frontend editing and login remains a mystery to me.

More
12 years 7 months ago #98056 by Mark Foster
I got my head around every last bit of K2 to make this site - www.corriecountdown.co.uk which has been a great success with over 3000 pages of content and 100,000 visitors a month. K2 handles it all perfectly.

Managed to write a custom plugin it for it that automatically creates user groups for a new user and places them in it after registration wth the correct posting permissions.

I looked at Zoo originally but couldn't get my head around the code in comparison to K2

It was so easy to modify which is why I've used it on all client sites since.