Keyword

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #58870 by Per Mork
Yes, it worked! :) All my items are now on my new site ^^ That was two euro worth all the money!! :)

One point: you should probably do a rethinking on that instruction page. While the process was simple enough, that instruction was scary as h***!! I almost gave up before I actually started try out on my own ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Individual IT
  • Individual IT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Developer of the K2 Import / Export Tool
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #58871 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Glad to hear it worked, please place a comment also on JED: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-extensions/12408

I know I'm not a great writer of documentations. I would be very happy if you could help me to improve the instructions.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #58872 by Robin Beninger
Replied by Robin Beninger on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hi There

I was hoping you might be able to help me troubleshoot a problem I am having with K2 Import. I am using the following:

Joomla 2.5.17
PHP 5.4.26
K2 2.6.8
K2Import 1.1

I have exported the category from K2 and made the required changes to the file. Once I go to import the .csv, it takes me to the first import screen where I select the extra fields group and choose to overwrite existing items. I then click on continue and it eventually sends me to a screen where I can match up all the fields. However, there appears to be some kind of conflict as that is all that shows on the screen; no more menus or buttons, no evidence of joomla at all. This becomes a dead end as there is nothing to click on to proceed.

I'm not sure if I have a conflict of some sort as this feature used to work for me when I populated the K2 categories. I am willing to share login info if you are able to take a look and discover the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Robin

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachments:

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #58873 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
can you please try to use an other browser and share a part of the csv file.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #58874 by Tom Wade
HI there,

I have an issue after exporting k2 article from joomla 3.2 to joomla 3.2 all when fine :) , except for the year of the articles

the csv file contain the dates and year and is all fine, but in k2 after import it display like this 29 November -0001 23:34 the

see attached image
screencast.com/t/NUdnwcGNdd

apparently i'm missing something :) thanks for all your help

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 1 week ago #58875 by Individual IT
check the date and time formats in your CSV file. It should be "YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss" e.g. "2012-05-16 15:17:14". If you saved the file with a spreadsheet software like Excel or Openoffice check the CSV file with a text editor before importing.

• Gabriel Hernandez Garcia
More
9 years 11 months ago #58876 by Gabriel Hernandez Garcia
Replied by Gabriel Hernandez Garcia on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
I tried to import my csv files, after assign the columns and everthing appear a successful message of import but items doesn't appear.

Can you help me?

I'm attaching a sample of my CSV file, and just to let you know i didn't assign all the columns.

I just need the from the E to the O row, can i add that info to specif category already on my k2 categories?

Thanks

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #58877 by Individual IT
Sorry I don't see any attachment.
Can you please try to create some test items in K2 export them and import the file into a new category without editing the file.

And please report your Joomla,K2 and K2Import versions

• Gabriel Hernandez Garcia
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #58878 by Gabriel Hernandez Garcia
Replied by Gabriel Hernandez Garcia on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
I already created 3 items then i tried to uploaded changing just the title like they are different items and i getting some errors:

I'm attaching 2 csv files to check it.

The "export-template.csv" are the items created on k2 and then exported to another category i get this error:

An error has occurred.
422 Found an unescaped quote in quoted field 72 of csv line 0 (text line 1). The first 50 chars from the start of the field are '"robots=\n'.

The "fssc-part1.csv" are the data from another database (not k2) wich i want to use to create k2 items. When i used i had this message but the items wasn't created.

importing items, please stand by
items were successful imported
Row: undefined / memory peak: 13.25 MB
Import finished

Like you can see i'm just interested on some fields or rows, to be exactly just the title and extrafields.

Can you help me to handle this?

Using this versions:
Joomla! 3.2.3
K2 v2.6.8
K2 Import 2.0_rc1

Thank you so much!!! :)
Attachments:

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #58879 by Bob Weaver
Hi. I am trying to use K2 Import/Export to import items with extra fields, that have multiple options. I have already created the option lists. For example, I have a field "Color" which has options like Magenta, Red, Gold, Green, Purple, etc. I am also using the k2fields extension.

In the documentation for K2 Import/Export, it says, "for... multi select lists : "option 1, option 3"" etc.
Is a space required after the comma?

I imported a field with 2 options in it, i.e., for the "Color" field, I imported "Gold,Purple."
When I look in the database after the import, in the table k2_items, I see under "extra_fields" this:
[{"id":"16","value":"Gold, Purple"}]

But, nothing shows up on the front end. The Colors field is there, but there is nothing next it. So the "Gold, Purple" does not appear.

Also, I noticed on the back end, that that field (Colors) became impossible to edit. The field name is there, but there is no edit box for it.

To find out the proper way to code the field options, I created an item within k2, and assigned some options to that field, then use K2 Import/Export to export that item. The resulting CSV file that I downloaded has this type of data in the extra fields:
"969=:=:=","1189=:=:=",

Apparently those numbers are references to the option values, rather than the text of the option. (These numbers are not the ones for Gold and Purple, they are just other options I randomly chose when creating a new item.)

So, what I'm asking is, how do I properly code the options for a field with multiple possible options?
Do I have to use the numbers instead of the text values? And if so, how do I know what the numbers are for each option? And finally, what is the proper format for me to code these in the CSV file for import?

Thank you for your help.