Keyword

K2 Add new item window resize

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87377 by Hanny
Replied by Hanny on topic K2 Add new item window resize
I think juju has some good stuff in his code, this is all a work in progress however - so it's slow going :)

I think a google code would be a good idea for this particular stuff, you're probably right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87378 by Hanny
@juju - for that date issue...

I understand what you mean - but that was the only way I could get the page redirect to properly work.  I know it's not the best way at the moment, but so far it was all I could find that would work to get rid of that issue.

I (like you) will keep trying!

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87379 by juju
Replied by juju on topic K2 Add new item window resize
I'll do this tonight, but there still a bug with the calendar, if you want to have a redirection to the article you've made when you save it, you have to comment out all the date element in sidebar.

And for the loading animation, it works very well but I'm not sure of that I modify ^^

And finally, I would like to make available my modified file form.php, but I think maybe I do other modification you don't need for your website, so the most simple is :

-I clean my file form.php

-I put the file on a new topic with a tutorial ;)

I'll try to make a good and complete tutorial tonight, and try to explain myself clearly, despite the fact I'm a french man so my english is not really perfect :p

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87380 by Hanny
I think you speak better English than I do juju!  And I know you speak better French than me :-D

I tend to get confusing sometimes when I talk about lots of things all at once :)

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87381 by juju
:) Where do you live ?

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87382 by Hanny
Chicago, in the US. 

Also,

I have found that if you add this code when you have a user who is not authorized to publish adds an article, it will redirect them to their 'page of articles' instead of reloading the page.

I was looking at that because in another thread lolothegiraffe said that occasionally the page would get caught into a reload, and it would keep reloading over and over.

I used your form.php code, but I replaced:

parent.window.location.reload();

with:

parent.window.location="<?php echo (JRoute::_(K2HelperRoute::getUserRoute($user->id))); ?>";

While that takes them to their page, the URL is pretty ugly - but it works for now.

I also like the animation you put in there, going to see if I can get it to pop-up in another modal box while it saves!

I did notice though - that when I put the code in for the animation - it causes the form to have a huge blank white space at the top, and then the user has to scroll down to get to the form.  Hope we can resolve this!

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87383 by juju
:)

I found the animation on the web, I put directly the url of the image, without saving it on the server. 

going to see if I can get it to pop-up in another modal box while it saves!

It's exactly I want to do since this morning ^^ That's why  said it's work for now, but there is a cleaner solution, for sure ;)

And for the redirection problem, I really want to redirect the user to the article he has just saved (for the user who can publish only) but it cause this fu***** error of Calendar, so I just reload the page for now :/

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87384 by Hanny
Found a pretty nifty site as well for getting great loading images - figured I would share for you juju

www.ajaxload.info/

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87385 by juju
Pretty cool website, but for now I like the animation I put :)

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87386 by Hanny
I agree, just had never seen that website and figured I would share :-D