Keyword

K2 Add new item window resize

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87387 by rexkramer
Replied by rexkramer on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Simply send it to Fotis , so it will make its way into the new release ;-)

juju said:
I would like to make available my modified file form.php, but I think maybe I do other modification you don't need for your website, so the most simple is :

- I put the file on a new topic with a tutorial ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87388 by juju
Replied by juju on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Are you sure ? Moderator wasn't really motivated until now...

The release date of the next version is fixed ?

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87389 by Hanny
Replied by Hanny on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Who is Fotis, and how would we go about contacting them?

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87390 by juju
Fotis : it's not the men behind the JoomlaWork profile ?

If it's that, I already contact him asking for help, he didn't even deign to reply something...

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87391 by rexkramer
Fotis is joomlaworks – at least the avatar picture shows himself ;-) If it is an unknown support-staff, well... than he is a celeb like paris hilton ;-) I am sure celebs have volunteers and PRagencies for twitter and facebook LOL

Anyway, i hope someone responsible is monitoring this discussion, and will recognize the important and crucial stuff in it!
juju said:

Fotis : it's not the men behind the JoomlaWork profile ?

If it's that, I already contact him asking for help, he didn't even deign to reply something...

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87392 by Hanny
Replied by Hanny on topic K2 Add new item window resize
I know some of the key K2 folks have had their eyes on this thread for some time now - so it's not as if they're unaware of our progress ;)

When do juju and I become part of the development team, that's the question! :-D

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87393 by juju
Hanny said : When do juju and I become part of the development team, that's the question! :-D

For me I think it will not for now ^^ Even if we do our best, I'm sure that the developpers of K2 could add the function we've proposed in few minutes... because they know exactly how K2 worked, they designed it, and it's more easy in this case...

That's what's annoying, I know this developpers can't answer to all people who have a problem or a suggestion, but here we have very good suggestions ^^ And we've practically solved the problem ourself, so they have just to improve our work and make it cleaner. This issue with save button, close the popup, and maybe the animation while saving an item are highly requested features, for almost years, so a little consideration and help from developpers would be welcome :) That's why I contact the JoomlaWork guy and three others people to tell them I tried with Hanny to simplify the add form, but no reply, at all... 

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87394 by rexkramer
@K2 devs

Listen guys, here is really some hot and badly needed stuff for K2 !!!

@juju

Totally agree with you. Nothing more to add.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87395 by juju
^^ Hope make the developpers come...

I managed to make the animation appear in a new modal window, and it's more simply, just two thing to add in the code. But I have a problem : when we call the function "chargement" at the beginning of the function "submitbutton", it's work, but if you forget to specify the category of the article or the title, the form is reloaded with the animation :/

Edit : maybe I solved the problem, the last issue I have is that in the animation pop-up, I have the cross in top-right corner (close button), I try to not display it, but for now I can't. It's annoying because if the user click on this close button, the form continue to save the article, and the user will maybe lost in all this pop-up thing...

So, here we go, delete everything that you've changed this morning for the animation popup, clean your form.php file.

Now, at the beginning of the file, just below <script type="text/javascript"> //<![CDATA[   (line 19)

We have :

function chargement(){

SqueezeBox.initialize();

SqueezeBox.fromElement(this, { handler: 'iframe', url: 'www.notreassurance.com/img/gif-anime_80px.gif', size: {x: 100, y: 100},

onShow:$('sbox-window').setStyles({'padding': 0})

});

}

function submitbutton(pressbutton) {      syncExtraFieldsEditor();     if (trim( document.adminForm.title.value ) == "") {

alert( '<?php echo JText::_('Item must have a title', true); ?>' );

} else if (trim( document.adminForm.catid.value ) == "0") {

alert( '<?php echo JText::_('Please select a category', true); ?>' );

} else {

<?php if(!$this->params->get('taggingSystem')): ?>

var tags = document.getElementById("selectedTags");

for(i=0; i<tags.options.length; i++)

tags.options.selected = true;

<?php endif; ?>

submitform( pressbutton );

}

if (trim( document.adminForm.title.value ) != "" && trim( document.adminForm.catid.value ) != "0"){                         chargement();

}

}

That's all, be careful, in fact we add a function "chargement", and the second function "submitbutton" is already existing, I just add the last if case with the load of chargement function.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87396 by juju
I managed to remove the close button (top right cross), just replace the function "chargement" by these :

function chargement(){

SqueezeBox.initialize();

SqueezeBox.fromElement(this, {

handler: 'iframe',

url: 'www.notreassurance.com/img/gif-anime_80px.gif',

size: {x: 80, y: 80},

onShow:$('sbox-window').setStyles({'padding': 0}),

onShow:$('sbox-btn-close').setStyles({'background': 'none'}),

onShow:$('sbox-btn-close').setStyles({'height': 0}),

});

}

Still an other problem ^^  If the user click outside of the animation window, it return to add form and continue to saving...