Keyword

K2 Add new item window resize

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87367 by juju
Replied by juju on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Arf, I have a little problem, when we comment out the line for the calendar, there is no choice at all for the users who want to choose a date in the sidebar... I just want to comment out the error message, but not the date field...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87368 by juju
For the gif animation, I managed to display one while the item was saving, but it's just an animation who appear  above the form window. I have to display this animation in a new modal window, in center of the screen, and that's more difficult :) But I continue...

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87369 by juju
Success !

But really really dirty, and I don't all understand what I do ^^ But it's work :p

It display a little gif in center of the screen (not sure in the center) while saving the item.

So, here is how I do , but warning : it's just a test version...

In form.php :

Just before <form action="index.php" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" name="adminForm" id="adminForm">, add :

<div id="charge-sbox-overlay" style="z-index: 65555; xg-p: fixed; top: 0px; left: 0px; visibility: hidden; opacity: 0.7; width: 1349px; height: 619px;" class=""></div>

&lt;div id="charge-sbox-window" style="z-index: 0; xg-p: fixed; top: 35%; left: 50%; padding: 2px; width: 100px; height: 100px; margin-left:-50px;" class=""&gt;&lt;div id="charge-sbox-content" style="visibility: hidden; opacity: 1;" class="ssbox-content-iframe"&gt;&lt;iframe height="100" frameborder="0" width="100" src="www.notreassurance.com/img/gif-anime_80px.gif"></iframe></div></div>;

After that, in the beginning of the file, after &lt;script type="text/javascript"&gt; , add :

function chargement(){        document.getElementById("charge-sbox-window").style.zIndex="70000";        document.getElementById("charge-sbox-content").style.visibility="visible";        document.getElementById("charge-sbox-overlay").style.visibility="visible";    }

And finally, add this just before syncExtraFieldsEditor(), at the beginning of the function submitbutton(pressbutton) :

chargement();

Try to save an item, and watch the animation ;) Try with an image in the article, to see the animation few seconds ;)

I hope you could help me to simplify this code and make it better :)

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87370 by rexkramer
Replied by rexkramer on topic K2 Add new item window resize
@juju

Interesting post! A lot of people have problems with the "silent progress", especially when people upload zipped galleries. Also, i am not a friend of the open modal window, when you hit the save button?! Is it possible to close the modal window after the save or cancel action automaticly? 

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87371 by juju
I'm not sure to understand the end of your message, but, with my modification one this page , the modification we do with Hanny here : community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-add-new-item-window-resize?xg_source=msg_com_forum&id=3536014%3ATopic%3A73456&page=16#comments

(see also previous pages), with K2 Multi Notify, and also others modifications I do, 

I have now :

- The user click on "add an item", a pop up appear, the size of the pop-up is automatically sized to 80% of the screen.

- The editor is JCE, and I modified the skin to have the same minimal editor like on this forum.

- The user write his article, and click on save.

- An animation appear while the article is saved

- When it's finished, an alert message is displayed, with different message if the user can publish or not.

If the user can publish, I display an alert message "Thanks, Your item have been published !".

If the user can't publish, I display an alert message "Thanks, your item has been sent to a moderator, it will be published after verification." and an email is automatically sent to a moderator, with in the mail : a preview link and a link for publish article.

- The pop-up box for adding article is closed automatically and the page is refresh. If the user could publish, he is redirected to his fresh article ;)

I think it's really complete :) I'll do a complete tuto if you are interested ;)

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87372 by rexkramer
@juju

Many thanks for the compact overview. I was getting off-topic, i know. Sometimes its hard to find, join and understand a disscussion, which is already going on for quiet some time. Thanks again.

By the way, is there any interest from JoomlaWorks in all this neat stuff. All the modifications sounds really usefull and should be integrated.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87373 by rexkramer
I remember i thought of that Save &amp; Close issue in Feb 2010. As time goes by... This is a crucial usability feature. I keep my fingers crossed, and hope for changes in the new K2.5++ releases.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87374 by Hanny
Replied by Hanny on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Well, for all intents &amp; purposes, the developers have said it's not a bug - so far I've not heard a single thing except for Simon's comment earlier in this thread that they have any intention of fixing this feature. That's why Juju and myself have thrown ourselves at it pretty desperately. If they won't, we will.

We should fork it for that one feature! J'k!

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87375 by rexkramer
@Hanny

(Replying with quotes is a real pain on ning)

It is a big usability-bug. Period.

A fork: Definitely worth a thought :-) ;-)

...the developers have said it's not a bug
...We should fork it for that one feature!

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #87376 by rexkramer
I am a lucky guy. Fortunately i found your thread accidently. Tried to follow the discussion and the different parts of your solution, but some comments had attachments and others some code-snippets. Do you have a last version to download? What about google code or github for file sharing.

Thousand thumbs up for all your efforts!