Keyword

K2 and Joomla 4

• Litho-Verlag e.K.
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #181532 by Litho-Verlag e.K.
Replied by Litho-Verlag e.K. on topic K2 and Joomla 4, 5, 6
Hello, a ray of hope or just a brief last flare-up?
K2 v2.11.20240212

I am working on turning K2 content into joomla content to install the updates,

Hey Fotis let US(!) know if we can still expect something? Joomla 6 is in the starting blocks for next year. PHP 7.4 is end of life, Joomla 3 too. I have tested K2 for joomla 4, with PHP 8.1 - works, but the image gallery is faulty.

I think your community at least deserves to know yes or no
Thanks you
Regards
litho

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #181533 by acidrain_lnx
Replied by acidrain_lnx on topic K2 and Joomla 4, 5, 6

Litho-Verlag =53245 wrote: Hello, a ray of hope or just a brief last flare-up?
K2 v2.11.20240212

I am working on turning K2 content into joomla content to install the updates,

Hey Fotis let US(!) know if we can still expect something? Joomla 6 is in the starting blocks for next year. PHP 7.4 is end of life, Joomla 3 too. I have tested K2 for joomla 4, with PHP 8.1 - works, but the image gallery is faulty.

I think your community at least deserves to know yes or no
Thanks you
Regards
litho

I agree with you. We've been using an unsupported version of Joomla since summer 2023. I'm thinking of moving all the content to Joomla. I will never trust a third-party extension like K2 /media/kunena/emoticons/. It's unbelievable to see how [url][/url] from eworkers can make K2 work with J4, but the official K2 team can't do it. From my point of view, the K2 Team is laughing at the users.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #181578 by Johan Badenhorst
Replied by Johan Badenhorst on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Dear Joomlaworks,
Could you please give us any kind of response on whether you are still working on a release of K2 for Joomla 4 and/or 5 ? The last response that I could trace was more than a year ago.
We all think so highly of K2, because of its features and stability, that we want to continue using it also on Joomla 4 and 5. Please come to our rescue and give us an indication, good or bad. Several of us already indicated that we are willing to subscribe to a paid version! 

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #181594 by SPOTTERON
Replied by SPOTTERON on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Supporting the notion — @JoomlaWorks: please let us know what is the current status, and if we should wait longer or switch.

Old member

More
1 week 5 days ago #181598 by marko
Replied by marko on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Guys - we have been asking this question for years now, literally. Fotis deleted previous threads on this subject, and started this one over a year ago. Joomlaworks K2 is dead.

So, the choices are to (i) rally around K2forJ4, show support for them to make their component "official" so other developers will integrate with it, offer to subscribe and support them. Or (ii) migrate to com_content.

Either choice is completely valid now. The K2forJ4 team have truly worked hard and are responsive to issues. It is definitely in active development. But, the dire state of the "official" K2 means nothing integrates with it any longer. Com_content, by contrast, involves a learning curve and a migration nightmare, but offers just as much (sometimes more).

Personally, I have done both of these options with different sites, depending on their needs, budget, etc. It is possible!! And getting more urgent by the day - J3 is coming on a year after end-of-life. Good luck everyone!

More
1 week 4 days ago #181599 by eugen
Replied by eugen on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Yes. I agree with Marko. It's a good idea to help test K2forJ4. Now I am trying to set up it on my subdomain and I will migrate to it tomorrow. But I still hope to get an official K2 for Joomla 4 from Joomlaworks. As I remember Fotis wrote (several days ago on another topic) that he has big plans for a new K2 release but in the summer

More
6 days 7 hours ago - 6 days 4 hours ago #181607 by Claire Roach
Replied by Claire Roach on topic K2 and Joomla 4
I have tried to migrate with K2forJ4 but every time I try to install it my site gets this error Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Factory::getContainer()

Call stack
# Function Location
1 ()  JROOT/components/com_k2/router.php:29
2 K2Router->__construct() JROOT/libraries/src/Router/SiteRouter.php:789
3 Joomla\CMS\Router\SiteRouter->getComponentRouter() JROOT/libraries/src/Router/SiteRouter.php:131
4 Joomla\CMS\Router\SiteRouter->parse() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:1142
5 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->route() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:796
6 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->route() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:218
7 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:225
8 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/index.php:49
Last edit: 6 days 4 hours ago by Claire Roach. Reason: found the error log

More
5 days 17 hours ago #181608 by eugen
Replied by eugen on topic K2 and Joomla 4
hello Claire. Are you trying to install K2forJ4 to the Joomla 4 version or to Joomla 3? I used followed instruction: Update K2 to github.com/getk2/k2/tree/7ec1dbdb1283fb6134a1ed83c0886e3fd8e253db
Update Joomla to the latest J3 version (Joomla! 3.10.11)
Take a full backup (it is always a good idea).
Download and install this K2 version.
Upgrade Joomla3 to Joomla4
Finally, we kindly ask you to test and report!

and website works good

More
5 days 6 hours ago - 4 days 7 hours ago #181610 by Tudor D
Replied by Tudor D on topic K2 and Joomla 4
K2forJ4 was updated on the last hours in order to restore J3 compatibility in J3.10 by the supportiong team that has an eye here.

With their help my K2 site is running without any issues for more than 2 month now on J5.
Last edit: 4 days 7 hours ago by Tudor D. Reason: correct some errors