Keyword

K2 and Joomla 4

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #181064 by Jos Schouwenaar
Replied by Jos Schouwenaar on topic K2 and Joomla 4
The problem is that there is no news about the progress.
Or am i wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #181065 by Go Host 4U
Replied by Go Host 4U on topic K2 and Joomla 4
The idea being; when there is news we go to this thread to see what new there is. However, only finding someone peddling their software just wastes our time

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #181066 by Dayyal Dg.
Replied by Dayyal Dg. on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Joomla Zoo Extension is much better than JSW CRM as it is more flexible. Since the update of Joomla 4, I have tried many CCK, and dig their functionality. As I said previously, there is nothing better than K2, but if there is no option left, I prefer Zoo because if I have to pay, then it is better to select the perfect one. And with the Zoo, you can create a multipurpose website, as well as override the core file via template override and create your own text/select/dropdown, etc., for the backend.

• Electronic Beatz Network
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #181069 by Electronic Beatz Network
Replied by Electronic Beatz Network on topic K2 and Joomla 4
I strongly assume that K2 is dead.

I have been following the miserable communication for almost two years now, except for the repeated deletion of threads on "Joomla 4 and K2", the insulting of users ("Fix it, Fork it or F'ck off") and the whining of Fotis about how bad Joomla 4 is.

It is incomprehensible to me how such a great extension could be driven against the wall, especially since many users (including me) would have paid for it! That alone because we have obligations to our customers!

Unfortunately, this only confirms what has actually been clear all along: we are simply being stalled. Since I converted almost all existing customer sites from K2 to J4 content last year, my damage is not quite as great, but I still have two large projects left over for which I now have to take the diversions via a paid export/import tool. As already mentioned, I would have preferred to put the money into K2.

Thank you Joomlaworks for many years of K2. Time to say goodbye.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #181070 by SPOTTERON
Replied by SPOTTERON on topic K2 and Joomla 4
Well.. we are not giving up, yet ;)
Software development is almost never on-date, especially for major versions, and yes, the communciation could be better.. but it is not like J3 breaks the exact same day, and if there is a K2 for J4 update in the course of August it is (generally speaking) fine.

Quoting: "That's said and with knowing that in August Joomla 3 sites are not magically don't work anymore we don't want to extend the support for Joomla3." (Robert Deutz)
Seem no support exension, but as stated: even official Joomla devs says it is not like anything stops suddenly.

Lets keep fingers crossed.

Old member

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #181087 by Gee
Replied by Gee on topic K2 and Joomla 4
As written on Github JW is working on a J4 system for a large media site and we all know how big projects can grow even more and how clients want to rebuild the internet. So give them their time. Also they are working on a more independend solution that also works on (ugh) WordPress. For all of us K2 is the last missing component that is not ready yet, but its not a simple component and has always been worth to wait for. Who can not wait, can go on without it. I am still sure its worth waiting for and the sites are still running perfectly well on PHP 8.

I am not in a hurry. But I'd love to see some of the progress like a guessing time, whats cooking, screenshots, etc.

• JoomlaWorks
  • JoomlaWorks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
More
9 months 1 week ago #181093 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic K2 and Joomla 4
@Gee Spot on ;)

WP is not on our immediate plans though. The code decoupling from Joomla's API will just allow us to also port K2 for WP in the future, if it makes business sense.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 months 3 days ago #181101 by Scott Staffiery
Replied by Scott Staffiery on topic K2 and Joomla 4
I would have to agree with Tom...an update or acknowledgement that you are going to provide a version of K2 that will work with Joomla 4 (support on how to update custom templates would be nice too) would be greatly appreciated. Also, I have no problem if you want to make it a paid extension...I just need something that I can bring to my clients as part of an action plan for their sites.

Thanks!

More
8 months 1 week ago #181127 by marko
Replied by marko on topic K2 and Joomla 4
And, here we are.  The day has come.  Support for J!3 has ended.  And silence from Fotis / Joomlaworks / K2...

Attachments:

More
8 months 1 week ago #181129 by infoplc
Replied by infoplc on topic K2 and Joomla 4
The day has arrived - We cannot wait and we are going to choose to migrate the articles from K2 to Jommla, I am sorry but there is no other solution. Thanks for everything