Keyword

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

• Individual IT
  • Individual IT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Developer of the K2 Import / Export Tool
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #58790 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
@Balázs Dániel - Sorry I don't understand you. Do you just need to change the default setting of the checkbox?

@Johnno The component is not Joomla 3.0 redy yet and I cannot tell you when it will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #58791 by Sanjiv Khullar
Replied by Sanjiv Khullar on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
I would be happy to donate towards updating your import tool to joomla 3.0
It is definitely needed

• Thomas Hickinbottom
More
10 years 11 months ago #58792 by Thomas Hickinbottom
Replied by Thomas Hickinbottom on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
I too would be willing to donate towards this plugin becoming Joomla 3.0 compatible.

It would be also be great if it could support the popular "Additional Categories for K2" plugin.

Would this be feasible?

More
10 years 11 months ago #58793 by Jesus
Hi!

This is a great tool!

I have bought it some days ago and it's working perfectly.

Just one question, it is posible to import videos from local storage? How can I do that?

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #58794 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
sorry but that is just possible with images

More
10 years 11 months ago #58795 by Mike

Individual IT wrote: first create the extra field in K2, associate it with a group and greate 2 or 3 items in this group with the different possible extra field values.
The make an export with the k2 import / export tool and you have an example file you can work with,

hi! where exactly is the example file?
i am trying to export k2 items from joomla 1.5x and then import them to 2.5.x

items description are in greek and during the export the fonts do not came up well. can you pls assist me?

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #58796 by Individual IT
I mean you can use the file you exported as an example.
What you mean by "the fonts do not come out well"?
The export is a text file, so if you have formated the fonts by HTML they will not look the same in the text file. And after import all the HTML code is imported but the formating also depends on the CSS and other formats on your page

More
10 years 11 months ago #58797 by Mike
As mentioned elsewhere when opening the exported csv in Excel it does not handle well non-english based languages. i found out a solution by opening first an empty excel file and then importing the csv instead of opening it directly.

i wanted to concatenate the item details as each one had different entries / info. for example in one item you might have values for the following fields:

Title Alias Introtext Fulltext Tags Published Created User ID Category Name Category Description

and for another

Title Alias Introtext Fulltext Tags Published Created User ID Category Name Category Description Length Width Height Cockpit Weight Load

with the last entries applying to extra fields.

q1: the end of each item is denoted by 2 commas ?
q2: in the guidelines you say that : text-fields must be enclosed within double-quote characters => ", what do you mean? in the export file i see every field enclosed like this "field"
q3: when i export the image path is not captured. why? how can i fix this so that to avoid manual update of images for each item?
q4: can i upload price as an extra field and then associate it to kmart price field?

thank you for your support!

Individual IT wrote: I mean you can use the file you exported as an example.
What you mean by "the fonts do not come out well"?
The export is a text file, so if you have formated the fonts by HTML they will not look the same in the text file. And after import all the HTML code is imported but the formating also depends on the CSS and other formats on your page

More
10 years 11 months ago #58798 by Sanjiv Khullar
Replied by Sanjiv Khullar on topic Re: importing k2 items joomla 3
I need to import k2 items into joomla 3 - and it seems this component is not ready for that - is there another way to import - ie - via php admin ?

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 10 months ago #58799 by Individual IT

Mike wrote: As mentioned elsewhere when opening the exported csv in Excel it does not handle well non-english based languages. i found out a solution by opening first an empty excel file and then importing the csv instead of opening it directly.

Try to use LibreOffice its copes much better with CSV files

Mike wrote: q1: the end of each item is denoted by 2 commas ?

no it should be one comma. But in case of an empty field you get 2. e.g. if there is no alias it looks like:
Mike wrote: q2: in the guidelines you say that : text-fields must be enclosed within double-quote characters => ", what do you mean? in the export file i see every field enclosed like this "field"

Thats exactly what I mean, sorry for my bad english. if you have an idea how to explain it better, please tell me.

Mike wrote: q3: when i export the image path is not captured. why? how can i fix this so that to avoid manual update of images for each item?

Image export is not supported because of the ay K2 stores the images

Mike wrote: q4: can i upload price as an extra field and then associate it to kmart price field?

You can upload it as an extra field, but I never tried touse it as a kmart filed.
thank you for your support!

Individual IT wrote: I mean you can use the file you exported as an example.What you mean by "the fonts do not come out well"?

[/quote]