Keyword

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

• Individual IT
  • Individual IT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Developer of the K2 Import / Export Tool
More
11 years 10 months ago #58730 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Do you have a lot of comments.
a loop that exports just 100 items would be possible but I would have to change a lot in the background.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 10 months ago #58731 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
@All who have problems with international characters,
I think I found the source of our problem.
fgetcsv is not really binary save, it depends on the environment variable LANG, I cannot predict it and not set it inside of joomla.
www.php.net/manual/en/function.fgetcsv.php
"Locale setting is taken into account by this function. If LANG is e.g. en_US.UTF-8, files in one-byte encoding are read wrong by this function. "

This means I need an own csv import function.
I will fix this problem, but it might take a while.

More
11 years 10 months ago #58732 by emakki

Individual IT wrote: @All who have problems with international characters,
I think I found the source of our problem.
fgetcsv is not really binary save, it depends on the environment variable LANG, I cannot predict it and not set it inside of joomla.
www.php.net/manual/en/function.fgetcsv.php
"Locale setting is taken into account by this function. If LANG is e.g. en_US.UTF-8, files in one-byte encoding are read wrong by this function. "

This means I need an own csv import function.
I will fix this problem, but it might take a while.

Please put in mind JSon does not convert UTF characters. I faced this issue in Arabic when I installed a k2 article submit component (I thinks it is something Story). I used your import script and it really saves tons of time. However, it imports all characters except Arabic.

I would really be happy if this issue is resolved for all international users. Keep up the good work.

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #58733 by Individual IT
The version 0.9_beta3 is out and is has a complete new csv parsing function.
As I was to lazy to write an own one I've stolen it from: thuejk.blogspot.com/2010/01/phps-implementation-of-fgetcsv-and.html

This is the best csv parsing function I could find and it seems to work very well. I have positive feedback with Greek and Cyrillic items, so I hope all UTF8 characters should work fine now.

I also changes the peace of code that generates the alias, now the original code of K2 is used. Its more complex but it should work with the whole UTF8 range.

So have fun with the new version: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-extensions/12408 and don't forget to rate it at
The Joomla! Extensions Directory if you like it.

As this forum has no RSS and no email notification in the case of a problem it might be faster to write me an email: www.individual-it.net/en/kontakt-impressum.htm or a twitter messege: twitter.com/individualit.

For people who didn't use the extension before here some pics:
Attachments:

More
11 years 9 months ago #58734 by Guy Fraenkel
Hello,

i have just purchased the tool and i want to do the following:

Import all K2 stuff from my old Joomla 1.5 (running latest K2) to my new Joomla 2.5 (running latest K2).

I install the component on both systems, they run on the same server (/ and /25/). When i export in the 1.5 i get a 5mb file. When i try to import this file in 2.5, all seems to be ok, but when i want to assosiate the rows the image (path to image) value is missing. What can i do about this? How can i fix it?

Thank you very much,
greets

More
11 years 9 months ago #58735 by Guy Fraenkel
Where can i get support for this extension??

greets

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 9 months ago #58736 by Individual IT
Sorry this forum has no RSS that’s why its hard to keep track with the questions.

The export does not export the image, but you still can import images but you would have to do this manually.
But if you are using the same K2 version in both joomla installations, try just to copy the MySQL tables via phpmyadmin

More
11 years 9 months ago #58737 by Sanjiv Khullar
Replied by Sanjiv Khullar on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
I get the following error

JFile: :copy: Cannot find or read file: $/home/film/public_html.
Unknown Archive type

Warning: strstr() [function.strstr]: Empty delimiter in /home/film/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2import/controller.php on line 890

Please advise

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 9 months ago #58738 by Individual IT
Hi,
could you please tell me what joomla and PHP version do you use and when exactly this error occurs?

do you try to upload a ZIP file?

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 8 months ago #58739 by Individual IT
just uploaded the 0.9_beta4 version.
this version fixes some problems when exporting extra-field names or content with special characters line " or '

JED page
direct download
Ask questions and get support on twitter