Keyword

What Happened to K2 3.0?

More
9 years 1 month ago #142055 by Yannis Sintos
Replied by Yannis Sintos on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Any news ?
The topic has been locked.
  • Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #142077 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
No, I am afraid at this point, I do not have anything to share.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
More
9 years 1 month ago #142482 by John Dunstan
Replied by John Dunstan on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Hey Guys,

I am very disappointed with the lack of communication and the attitude that K2 has taken with V3.

Its been over 6 months now since you guys first announced a release date, and in the last 3 months since the last date you announced at xmas time, there has been no communication at all, other than to say you will let us know when its ready.

Let me ask you, what would you do if you were working with a company who treated you the same way? What would you think about this company who promised a release date 6 months ago, then kept changing the date, then decided to not communicate at all...even after so so so many K2 community members kindly asked for some communication?

Honestly, what would you think about this if it was done to you?

I myself, as well as many K2 community members have been asking "What is actually holding up the release of V3"? To which we have never received a response. Please understand that you do have a responsibility to the large user base you have, even though K2 is free at the moment.

P.S. I run a Joomla site with k2 2.6.9 and you guys have stated 100's of times that K2 3.0 can be easily installed ontop. Well let me tell you I downloaded the latest k2 v3 release from GitHub 2 weeks ago, and installed it ontop of my site in a dev environment, and it destroyed my K2 installation...K2 wouldnt display properly. Since you guys have stated you are 'close' to finishing many times over the last 6 months, we 'should' be able to assume k2 v3 is very close to stable, but honestly this just makes me thing we are still 6 months away from a stable release.

Guys, if you keep up with the no communication, i wouldnt be suprized if the template clubs started dropping K2 from their new Templates...Hell, JoomlArt stopped added k2 to new templates some time ago, I notified you guys about this, and then within a week of you confirming this, you made that blog post on your site announcing V3 and telling us how great it will be. A few months later JoomlArt started including K2 again...but guess what...JoomlArt developed their own CCK within Joomla Articles...I would not be suprized if this has a direct correlation to the missed released dates and no communication from you guys.

What I dont understand is why its so hard to communicate to us? You guys have clearly been in software development for many many years, and thus should be on top of software project management...

Anyway, by no means am I being rude, nothing that has been said is incorrect, its all true....we just want to know whats going on, and I believe we have all waited long enough to get some feedback.
  • Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
9 years 1 month ago #142483 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I don't mind waiting :D :D

K2 Rocks \m/
More
9 years 1 month ago #142488 by Yannis Sintos
A few days ago, NoNumber has issued a version of Advanced module Manager Pro that supports K2 V3.
Lets hope that they have some internal info that V3 development is coming to the final stage.
More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #142603 by pedro nascimento
Replied by pedro nascimento on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?

Kannan Naidu Venugopal wrote: I don't mind waiting :D :D

You do not care? How can anyone not worry about something so important? I am sorry for you, because your site should be very mediocre!
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by pedro nascimento.
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142620 by Yannis Sintos
its not a matter of willingness to wait or not.
Its got to do with features.
K2 V3 according to the published specifications will be so much more advanced than the current version.
For example, now that K2 does not have item associations in multilanguage sites, its actually almost out of the question to use it in multilanguage sites with content that is not assigned to menus.

My concern is that the beta version was actually published 10 months ago, and since then i don't see a lot of evolution towards the final version and i am very very much concerned that the projects could be dropped. Not because the joomlaworks team is not an excellent team, but because when you have such a long development curve, the interest of the participating persons is dropping dramatically.
Lets all hope that K2 V3 will be a bright exception...
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #143026 by Media
Replied by Media on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Unbelievable.....

I'm really sad to say this, but I just took a decision - I'm done with K2. Yeah, I'm very well aware that you don't care... but you will start to care when it is too late.

K2 was a top notch extension but know there are other CCKs to choose from which do care about their users and are able to communicate properly.

Goodbye K2, probably it's too early to say it but... RIP

(do not modify or delete my comment. it shows my feelings and is not insulting in any way. regarding the "RIP" - time will show if I'm right or wrong, you should not remove it. thanks)
More
9 years 5 days ago #143294 by errevizeta
Replied by errevizeta on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Any news?
I don't understand why you keep us in the dark!
Can you tell us at what point is the development of k2 v3?
Is k2 a dead project?

Please tell us something!!
More
9 years 5 days ago #143296 by EffegiWeb
Replied by EffegiWeb on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I'm waiting any news too.