Keyword

What Happened to K2 3.0?

More
8 years 6 months ago #148105 by shoulders
Replied by shoulders on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
It takes 2 minutes to make a blog post. That is not much to ask. Most people do not mind waiting but is the complete lack of information coming from Joomlaworks.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 6 months ago #148106 by Dave Logic
Replied by Dave Logic on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?

shoulders wrote: It takes 2 minutes to make a blog post. That is not much to ask. Most people do not mind waiting but is the complete lack of information coming from Joomlaworks.

I agree 100%...

D
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #148147 by Vlad
Replied by Vlad on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Hi,

I think most of the people posting on this thread have forgotten that they have getting this for FREE. They have made thousands of dollars using K2 and are ungrateful in their tone for the work that was done by the K2 team.

I have recently started using this for my own project and I have not made a single dollar yet. But I am sure there are hundreds of people who have made thousands of dollars using this free extension. How about giving some of it back to he community by donating to JoomlaWorks so they could hire a paid developer and finish the project soon?

This is an open source community. We all should be coming forward and asking the K2 team what help they need to warp this up, not have a negative tone.

Any comparison to easybolg is not fair since that is a paid product and K2 is free. One is for profit and the other one is relying on the community which unfortunately is full of people who want stuff for free but have no intention to participate.

So my question to K2 developers is that what support do they need from the community to finish this quickly? I am not a developer but please let me know what I can help with. Heck, I am willing to learn PHP just to contribute. I will start watching youtube videos to learn it starting today.

Can we organize a donation drive to hire extra help and finish this project? What is required to gain momentum?
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Vlad.
More
8 years 6 months ago #148148 by Raj Guru
Replied by Raj Guru on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Hi

I am to start new project based on profiling. I think K2 will go fine. I never used before. I have 3 questions to ask:

1. What is problem is K2 that people here are waiting for K3?

2. Is K2 good for Search engines?

3. Will I be able to upgrade to K3 without using my profiles.

Plz someone help me soon :)
  • Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #148150 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Hello Vlad and thanks :)

@Raj The next version introduces new features, a completely redesigned from the ground up UI, perfomance enhancements.
K2 is also good for SEO, and finally upgrading from v2 to v3 will be a smooth update.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
More
8 years 6 months ago #148152 by lykaios
Replied by lykaios on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
1. People wait K2 3.0 because the company itself announced that it would be released 12 - 18/9 and it didn't They see obviously that it's better to wait if the release will be soon and start working with the new software, instead of version 2.
2. K2 is good with search engines

The whole trouble it's because company haven't yet find the time or the mood to reply in any fans question. About the "free" software you are referring to, i don't think that anyone judge the software itself or possible bugs that exist or will exist in the future. They judge the fact that there was an OFFICIAL blog about the release, people got intrested and again the company failed to deliver. And i assume the same guys waited the release for a year now. I can't understand if its a matter of days, why someone can't reply here and say guys we will release soon or we will not release soon because we found out a big security issue or whatever. Many ppl believe in K2 and want a simple answer. How difficult is that?

Finally, it concerns many and myself included, that the company said that a pro service will be available and many asked how the support will be on that matter. Judging by the limited support that exist till now.
  • Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #148155 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
@lykaios did you have an answer/ problem and you didn't get a reply within a working day?
I do not think K2's support can be marked as limited.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
  • Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord
  • Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord's Avatar
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #148161 by Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord
Replied by Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Jesus folks !

K2 version 3 will come out when it's ready to. Gripeing & whining about it's not being out, not on time, no replies & so forth. This behaviour will not make it come out any earilier.

If you're not satisfied, here's things you can do :

1- Go use some other component... (I'm sure you'll be back here soon enough.)
2- Join the team & help them go faster ( but you better be good coder)
3- Use the actual version & adapt as best you can... that's what I'm doing & heaven knows if I haven't hacked K2 all over. I get the results using my neurons and adapting the code to my needs. You can't, then pay a developper to do it for you
4- Can't help, can't pay ? Then just a nice supporting comment always helps. Rubbing in overdue delays certainly doesn't help give confidence to the crew and just gets morale down a notch, hence hindering developement. Rather counterproductive.

So, please, stop complaining, it doesn't help anyone and doesn't change facts. V3 ain't out yet ? Well, it will be out when it's ready. so WAIT ! and stop crying
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord. Reason: typos & al.
More
8 years 6 months ago #148220 by Brigitte Vossku
Replied by Brigitte Vossku on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Then I do not sell a component as done on the Joomla Day Brasil. If I have nothing I can present anything. And then I must not make announcements.
More
8 years 6 months ago #148221 by Dave Logic
Replied by Dave Logic on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?

Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord wrote: Jesus folks !

K2 version 3 will come out when it's ready to. Gripeing & whining about it's not being out, not on time, no replies & so forth. This behaviour will not make it come out any earilier.

If you're not satisfied, here's things you can do :

1- Go use some other component... (I'm sure you'll be back here soon enough.)
2- Join the team & help them go faster ( but you better be good coder)
3- Use the actual version & adapt as best you can... that's what I'm doing & heaven knows if I haven't hacked K2 all over. I get the results using my neurons and adapting the code to my needs. You can't, then pay a developper to do it for you
4- Can't help, can't pay ? Then just a nice supporting comment always helps. Rubbing in overdue delays certainly doesn't help give confidence to the crew and just gets morale down a notch, hence hindering developement. Rather counterproductive.

So, please, stop complaining, it doesn't help anyone and doesn't change facts. V3 ain't out yet ? Well, it will be out when it's ready. so WAIT ! and stop crying

Everybody appreciates the fact that K2 has been provided for FREE and the time and effort put in to create it.

I have purchased several plugins/components from JW over the years and would have paid for K2 if it were a paid component without any issue.

I would have donated towards K2 if there had been a donate button to use at the start of the project. I have donated to many FREE components and ALWAYS upgrade to the paid version if I continue to use it when a paid version is available.

I think the current version is great as does everybody else that use it.

I and many others are NOT complaining about the delays in V3 being released.

The concern (not complaint) is simply the severe lack of updates to the K2 community and the fact that these concerns are being ignored by JW......What is wrong with a simple "Sorry, we got the planning wrong and will need more time to get this out"....its really simple and polite....The impression that is given out is that the users do not deserve this simple courtesy.

Other developers of free components do this without issue.

Regards,

D