Keyword

What Happened to K2 3.0?

More
8 years 7 months ago #147142 by Emmanouil
Replied by Emmanouil on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Guys I think that you must chill down a little. Realize that this is an open source project and you are not paying customers. You have to be thankful for the whole effort that joomlaworks did and still do. The irony comments are not helpful at all.
If you don't like the whole situation you can choose another cck for your projects. If you do like k2 just wait till its ready.
Simple as that.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago #147143 by Yannis Sintos
Replied by Yannis Sintos on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?

Emmanouil wrote: Guys I think that you must chill down a little. Realize that this is an open source project and you are not paying customers. You have to be thankful for the whole effort that joomlaworks did and still do. The irony comments are not helpful at all.
If you don't like the whole situation you can choose another cck for your projects. If you do like k2 just wait till its ready.
Simple as that.

I think you are right and wrong.
You are right about the irony comments, they don't help at all and probably they lead to the opposite.
You are wrong that people in here are not paying customers. Most of Joomlaworks's customers in other extensions (like myself) are buying them because of K2. I wouldn't buy SIG Pro if it wasn't that closely bonded with K2.
I really don't mind paying also for a Pro version of K2, but being late for more than 1 year is not something common.
I dare to say that the delay of K2 version 3 is even hurting Joomla's reputation since it is so very commonly used in Joomla projects.
More
8 years 7 months ago #147150 by Luciano
Replied by Luciano on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I apologize for my comment about the delay . perhaps an outburst on the endless wait .

Certainly I will be another pro supporter on K2 as I did on another JW extension before, excellent by the way.

According to Krikor Boghossian Lefteris Kavadas at Jdaydr15 the K2 pro will be available 1 month after free version is available to the public.
  • Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #147154 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Hello Luciano,

I do not really remember making this comment (about the timeframe).
It could be a translation issue. What I commented on based on a attendant's question was: the actual launch will be after we get back home (10.500 km) and we get over the jet lag.

As for the PRO, thank you for your interest but I cannot really share an ETA.

As for the official reply as some users asked, it is impossible to reply on a plane or during 30hr flights.

PS. Thank you all for interest and feedback in v3.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
More
8 years 7 months ago #147159 by Luciano
Replied by Luciano on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Hello Mr. Krikor,

Nice to see you here again, yes the comment about PRO ETA came from translated audio, thank you for your time clarifying this subject.
  • Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #147167 by Krikor Boghossian
Due to our different accents and me speaking a bit (a lot) too fast in the presentation the translator was having a hard time understanding us. They did a terrific job nonetheless.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
More
8 years 7 months ago #147185 by Steven Johnson
Replied by Steven Johnson on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Huge K2 fan and thanks for all the work.
Looking forward to the Pro Version when it is released.

@Krikor Is the estimated release of K2 around September 11 - 13? No hurry, I am just looking forward to the release and excited to get started on a couple new k2 based sites.

Thanks so much! -- Steven
  • Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #147191 by Krikor Boghossian
Steven realistically speaking, I do not think so.
Jetlag is not helping and I do not personally think that we can publish it over the weekend.

When are you starting on your projects exactly?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
More
8 years 7 months ago #147193 by lykaios
Replied by lykaios on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?

Krikor wrote: Steven realistically speaking, I do not think so.
Jetlag is not helping and I do not personally think that we can publish it over the weekend.

When are you starting on your projects exactly?

From your replies i understand that the release is imminent, and it's only matter of days of you to retun back home from the trip to Brazil and release the package. I am also want to start a new project with K2, that originally i was thinking to do it with ZOO, but from what i hear and see for K2 3.0, i want to test it and see if it can suit my needs. Ty for the reply on the thread, keep up the good work
  • Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #147197 by Krikor Boghossian
Yes, it is imminent.
You can still start with K2 V3, but the frontend templates will need some tweaking.

@Steven This applies to you too. You can experiment with the 3.0 version but the front-end is not ready yet. I can however provide you with templates that you can use them as a starting point before the release.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---