Keyword

What Happened to K2 3.0?

• Ronny Van Der Borght
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #150493 by Ronny Van Der Borght
Replied by Ronny Van Der Borght on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
King content...one zillion on/off buttons: no thanks.

Even today K2 v2.6.9 does a fine job, I use it with custom Bootstrap 3 templates all the time, there are no issues with the latest Joomla version, it just works. Sure the mootools issues are a pain in the ass, but you can get around that. There simply is nothing like k2 on the Joomla platform. The only features that are missing today are version control and a way to assign extra fields to items and not categories.

I'm sure K2 v3.0 will come and it will be great when it is ready.
But I must agree on the Joomlaworks 'communications problem'.

Just my 2 cents.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Ronny Van Der Borght.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 3 months ago #150499 by Emmanouil
Replied by Emmanouil on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?

Ronny Van Der Borght wrote: King content...one zillion on/off buttons: no thanks.

Even today K2 v2.6.9 does a fine job, I use it with custom Bootstrap 3 templates all the time, there are no issues with the latest Joomla version, it just works. Sure the mootools issues are a pain in the ass, but you can get around that. There simply is nothing like k2 on the Joomla platform. The only features that are missing today are version control and a way to assign extra fields to items and not categories.

I'm sure K2 v3.0 will come and it will be great when it is ready.
But I must agree on the Joomlaworks 'communications problem'.

Just my 2 cents.

I have to agree with all the above. Plus K2 still does a flawless job for me with zero problems.
More
8 years 3 months ago #150503 by Scott Lavelle
Replied by Scott Lavelle on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I don't disagree that K2 works fine at them moment, but what about the day a new Joomla update completely nukes it? What about new changes to the templates or frameworks that we use that break layouts? There are a lot of things that can wreck the ability of the site to work, as you all know.

My concern is that they will be as "quick" to fix those issues when they arise as they are to getting ONE fix made for their flagship product new release.

For a lot of my purposes, Zoo works fine and it's fairly well supported and comes out with regular new releases, so I'm not worried about them. I am not keen to go with the King option for many of the same reasons as I have issues with K2. Even though I've used other JoomUltra components and been happy with them, I'm not interested in jumping from one not-well-supported product to another.

I generally only use K2/Zoo for Blog purposes anyway and I'm getting pretty close to just using modified Joomla Category Blog views and a comment plugin at this point.
  • Steven Trooster
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #150837 by Steven Trooster
Replied by Steven Trooster on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
The real problem here is not wether or not K2 v3 will arrive and when, the problem is that people are getting really frustrated not getting any information at all about the next release. The first announcement was over a year ago. The latest blog post on this site dates from august last year. Some vage video from a Brazilian conference in september last year. Each question about v3 is answered with 'we can't say anything'. This makes you wonder if there is any progress on v3 and raises the question weather or not one should move on to another system like Zoo on Seblod.
I disagree the current version works fine. I can state a number of (design) flaws, like K2 not not being as responsive as it should be. I'm really hoping on improvements.

We're on the brink of a new major Joomla release, 3.5, somewhere in February. Let's cross our fingers K2 v2 is compatible.

So, dear JoomlaWorks: behind the scenes you're probably working your asses off, but please, please, tell us where you're at. Give us some update on the progress, some kind of roadmap, some features we can expect. Tell us a little bit more than 'we're working on it' and 'no dates yet'.
  • Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #150877 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
@Steven and the rest of you.
First of all, thank you for the patience. It really means a lot.
We will be able to post more info shortly.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
  • Steven Trooster
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #150881 by Steven Trooster
Replied by Steven Trooster on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Thank you Krikor.
Can't wait to hear the news... ;-)
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150883 by John Dunstan
Replied by John Dunstan on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?

Krikor wrote: @Steven and the rest of you.
First of all, thank you for the patience. It really means a lot.
We will be able to post more info shortly.

Hello Krikor, no word from u guys in months after you were suppose to release k2 v3 and you finally decide to write something like this? Almost 6 months ago you guys were just grasping at straws and saying you needed an extra 24 hours because the flight back from Joomla day was long and you guys had jetlag.

You personally have said the similar if not the same thing many times over the last 18 months and ever time it was a lie.

It's utterly embarrassing and completely disresprepectful that that is all you have to say after all the bs and lies over the last 18 months or more.

And let's be clear, in no way does your post represent any sort of communication.

I am sorry if this is harsh, but no one would put up with someone or a business who acted and treated you like k2 has done to its community.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by John Dunstan.
More
8 years 2 months ago #150903 by Sean Carney
Replied by Sean Carney on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I am one who is also frustrated by the slowness of the software coming out but only because I really love K2 and am eager to use the upgraded version. And, even more importantly, I am hoping for an upgraded support package. ie. I would like to pay JoomlaWorks for their software in exchange for reliable and quick support. This model serves me well with other companies.
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150999 by jwjaii
Replied by jwjaii on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I think it's very hard to accept for everyone, but K2 died a long time ago! What comes around, if it comes, will be only an undead!

My confidence in K2 ended in Janaro!
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by jwjaii.
More
8 years 2 months ago #151081 by Joe Campbell
Replied by Joe Campbell on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Hello Fellow K2-ers,

Perhaps we should try a different strategy, like helping each other with the tools() we currently have, instead of expressing disappointment in the tools that have not been completed.

That's what I've been doing - making the best of what I have - K2 v2.6.8 to be exact :)

I have pimped it out with countless hours of hard work and the assistance of some awesome people on this forum and within the Joomla! community.

I've tried to give back by periodically posting K2 Power Tips .

So who's with me? If you are, then you can do one or all of the following:

- Post link(s) to your K2 websites so we can provide #JFeedback to help further improve each others projects (UX, color, optimization, etc.)
- Post K2 Power Tips: unique K2-related use cases, extensions, hacks, and workarounds
- Make a commitment to respond to post on the forum

Here's a reminder image that I created - feel free to share :)

Have a K2-iffic Day,

Joe Campbell