Keyword

What Happened to K2 3.0?

More
8 years 6 months ago #148231 by Luciano
Replied by Luciano on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Its all about COMMUNICATION.

and because of lack of it many things ends , friendships, dating , marriage , partners, business, trust...
While there’s life, there’s hope, yeah Jesus will be back for sure, someday, somewhere...
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 6 months ago #148234 by Scott Lavelle
Replied by Scott Lavelle on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Well said, Dave. Same boat here. I had a huge response last night that I accidentally deleted before posting with some of these same points - I have bought their stuff before. I have to imagine that K2 being free was partially as an advertisement for the components that AREN'T.

Many/most of the components that we build sites with are PAID, not FREE because as a general rule, the paid ones tend towards better quality and an expectation of ongoing support and updates. Free ones don't have this requirement or assumption. Some paid ones still have crap support or updates, but that's when we switch from using them.

We make enough money building quality websites that we are generally happy to pay for the quality components that we rely on to make them work. If a project is released for FREE consumption, that is the decision of the developer. As Dave mentioned, there was not even a request for donation, so I have supported a few of their other plugins/components.

I have done volunteer work and the expectations of volunteer time are not LOWER than paid time. They shouldn't be. If I have a FREE person (say, an intern) working for me and they are not doing their job, they are no longer my intern. FREE does not excuse poor performance or especially NO communication.

I still look forward to the release of K2v3, but it Is getting just silly at this point. Ever heard of the Game Duke Nukem? Same issue here.
  • K2 For Yootheme Users
More
8 years 6 months ago #148283 by K2 For Yootheme Users
Replied by K2 For Yootheme Users on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Please have a look at www.k2foruikit.com/

Its a K2 theme that is built for Yootheme templates. It will fix all css problem with yootheme templates.
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #148301 by jwjaii
Replied by jwjaii on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?

When I bought one year of premium templates, I thought I would at least have some new template. But no new template came out so far. And I signed because I believed it would have new templates with K2 30. Unfortunately JoomlaWorks no longer deserves our trust!

I should demand my money back because JoomlaWorks not deserve my money!
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by jwjaii.
More
8 years 6 months ago #148321 by RGRA
Replied by RGRA on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I am still waiting for a message because of the delay!
  • K2 For Yootheme Users
More
8 years 6 months ago #148429 by K2 For Yootheme Users
Replied by K2 For Yootheme Users on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Any news ? how they will release K2 3.0 ?

Check out our product if you are using yootheme.
www.k2foruikit.com
More
8 years 5 months ago #148758 by Mika Knuutila
Replied by Mika Knuutila on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Is this silent before release storm? :P
More
8 years 5 months ago #148771 by Andy K
Replied by Andy K on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
No, this is silent after JW's irresponsibility storm
  • Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #148773 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Not really silent. Unfortunately I do not have a definite release date to share at the moment.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
More
8 years 5 months ago #148783 by Scott Lavelle
Replied by Scott Lavelle on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
So, date promised or not back in September, it looks like we will be at least two months late. Again. and Again. This type of delay, like the last several times, cannot be explained by something like "we had a few small things to wrap up". This is the sort of thing that is "it was nowhere near release ready when we announced it would be released". Why announce its date back in September if it wasn't even close? I mean, it's not like you have felt the need to announce for other times when there was no activity for months (December 2014 forward, for example), so why feel the need to announce for the JoomlaDay event when you were clearly going to miss it. Then follow that with the 10 day, 14 day nonsense.

I just don't get it.