Keyword

What Happened to K2 3.0?

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #147525 by lykaios
Replied by lykaios on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
The whole confusion started with the failed blog post. People thought that it was just days away from the release but apparently we have some time before that. It's law that when you announce dates, rarely you can achieve them, not Joomlaworks but nearly everyone out there. Keep up the good work!
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by lykaios.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago #147607 by RGRA
Replied by RGRA on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Sorry guys but Its becoming ridiculous.
14 days before it was said "in 10 to 15 days".
Now nothing again!

I understand that you want to be sure that everything works but since the first beta 14(!) months have passed.
That is unacceptable for professionals . How should the comercial offer succeed if in 14 months your communication is horrible?
More
8 years 6 months ago #147712 by Rabi
Replied by Rabi on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I do not think that we need k2 anymore. I am watching K2 evolution in order to confirm my believe...

Working with Joomla directly is lighter and Joomlart, for example, produced Teline V without K2 and it is working like a charm!
  • Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #147719 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Sorry to hear about that RGRA.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
More
8 years 6 months ago #147812 by Scott Lavelle
Replied by Scott Lavelle on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I was actually excited again to see the new version come out. And now again disappointed.

When you announced in July 2014 that it was coming "soon", then soon again in December, then eminent in December, then all quiet for months and treatment of users like they were disrespectful for asking, then announcement that it would be announced and then would be available after the Brazil thing, then "give us time to get home", then a week, then 10 days, then 14 days, then the impression that you believe that your users don't understand the concept of time as if to say "did we say days? Oh - silly English, we meant months, wait, no, seconds, er...give us time to have dinner and then it will be ready before you can say "K2". ;-)

Well - now it's September 26. It is a full 20 days after the end of the Brazil weekend.

It's not that I need the new version right now to move forward with anything - in fact we moved over to Zoo for our Blogs a while back due to some other issues we had with K2 and for the simplicity of Zoo config/setup, especially when just for Blogs. But there are a few things I like better about K2 and would like to use it again, but I'm reluctant with the support promise so poor here, and don't really want to load 2.x version when supposedly it will be replaced so soon.

It's just horrible practice - even for a free component.

Oh well, I'm sure I won't be the last one to complain about the delays. Disappointing. :(
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #147815 by Dave Logic
Replied by Dave Logic on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I totally agree with Scott. I have kept silent on this issue over the past year however this last false launch date is just taking things too far. It's not actually the problem that its not ready yet, its the treatment of the K2 user base. I have used every major Joomla component over the past 10 years, both free and paid however I have never seen treatment like this. It really is quite appalling not to keep your users in the loop.To worsen things, K2 is a major Joomla component and this type of management makes the overall Joomla community appear amateur - something that Joomla has been accused of for some time by Wordpress users.

K2 Pro - No chance with this level of support. Alike many, I would gladly pay for K2 but I worry that this wont change things.

Joomlaworks moving to Wordpress - Good luck with that. I wish you all the best.

K2 is a great component that has been provided for free and I fully appreciate the work Joomlaworks have done however that does not entitle them to treat their users in any way they seem fit.

Regards,

Dave
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Dave Logic.
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #147816 by Yannis Sintos
Replied by Yannis Sintos on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I think we are missing the point here.
Joomlaworks is very a small company for such a huge project.
I think that passing it on to the community would be the wise thing to do, since they can still develop components for K2 that would be great.
Its a classic case, where the product becomes bigger than the product owner...
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Yannis Sintos.
More
8 years 6 months ago #147825 by Luciano
Replied by Luciano on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
As I can see @ guithub the default answer to all bug reports is because the component options and the frontend are not ready yet, 3 from 4 open bugs was reported since 10 (our less) days ago. Looks like there is a new work to do, I hope I'm wrong.

Keep waiting.
More
8 years 6 months ago #147826 by Peter Johnson
Replied by Peter Johnson on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I agree with Scott & Dave. By making lots of false promises and then not communicating when the dates are missed, Joomlaworks are treating their user-base with disdain. It is a very bad look and not at all good for instilling confidence in the company for the future.

Version 2 hasn't had a major update since about early 2014. There are an ever increasing range of problems using it. It is a pity but I am now seriously considering abandoning K2 as the only way forward. I am sure I am not alone.

Regards
Peter
More
8 years 6 months ago #147828 by Petar Elez
Replied by Petar Elez on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Its understandable y'all are going through rebranding with the launch of v3 and a lot goes into that so the process takes time.

Right now I am feeling very disappointed with delays as I keep pushing my projects back (something I probably should be doing) in order to take advantage of the new k2 (i just feel its going to be worth waiting).... & most likely I am not the only one doing this.

V3 was presented in Joomla Day Brazil... How about just posting a V3 download link?... it would make a lot of us happy!

I think it would be fair to at least provide us with a link to k2 v3 standard (even if marked as RC), so we can get going on our projects with that version...