Keyword

AllVideos v3.0 to be released in August - What's new?

More
16 years 9 months ago #2113 by charlesd81
I hope the new version will support audio playlists. I have a band fansite that really needs this type of feature to allow users to sample songs and AllVideo rocks as it is.
The topic has been locked.
More
16 years 9 months ago #2114 by rowby
Please consider including blip.tv -- a very popular streaming service and the one I prefer.

THanks

Rowby
More
16 years 9 months ago #2115 by pickles206
The doctor gives me a week to live.  Will it be out?

Anyone hear that October is the month 2.5 will be out?

Oh I see, you're too busy failin' in life.
More
16 years 9 months ago #2116 by silentmind
pickles206 --->>> grow up man......... when it ready you'll know. Keep in mind that this is "FREE". You have to appreciate the hard work that these guy put in for "FREE".
  • KATSIPOULAKIS GEORGIOS
More
16 years 9 months ago #2117 by KATSIPOULAKIS GEORGIOS
Replied by KATSIPOULAKIS GEORGIOS on topic Re: AllVideos v2.5 to be released in June - What's new?

The doctor gives me a week to live.  Will it be out?

Anyone hear that October is the month 2.5 will be out?

Tell your family to record your funeral and upload the movie at stage6 in order for us to have some testing, if possible. :P
More
16 years 9 months ago #2118 by pickles206
"I'm not an animal.  I'm a human being."  I have feelings too.  :-\

From the movie, Elephant Man.

As you can see, I'm getting long in the tooth.  It took me 10 years calling my Congressman to get prescription drug coverage put on my Medicare.  Am I going to have to wait 10 years for 2.5?  Maybe I should call me Congressman to have aid to Greece cut off until 2.5 is released.  I've got a long reach.

I  just lost another tooth; so the picture of me is now outdated.  The bottom left tooth just fell out.  I'll give my remaining tooth for 2.5.  Any takers?

Papillion

More
16 years 9 months ago #2119 by prorockstarsdotcom
Replied by prorockstarsdotcom on topic Re: AllVideos v2.5 to be released in June - What's new?
Pickles-

You're really an insufferable, whiny little b*tch.

AllVideos is free, open source code.
If you actually have suckers paying you to provide them with websites, you should at the very least have the ability to modify some simple php and html code. Otherwise, you should have the common sense to hire someone who does, to get the job done. I feel sorry for your "clients" as you are clearly not equipped to be performing the work they are supposedly paying you for. At this point I'm hoping they postpone 2.5 until you lose your client.

The AllVideos code is very well written and very easily modified.
If you spent HALF the time you spend bitching and whining in this forum on attempting to learn how any of this stuff works, you could have easily done some of these things on your own. Default images for videos on your site? Easily added. In fact, the only thing you would need to add is '&image=http://yoursite.com/yourimage.jpg' in 2 places. Playlist support? Almost as easy as that too. Fullscreen, captions, etc. All possible with very minor adjustments.

For example:

Starting at around line #51 of mambots/content/plugin_jw_allvideos.php, you'll find the full list of local video and remote video providers. The first tag is flv, for local flash video files. You'll see: "flv" => array(" followed by the code required to load Jeroen Wijering's media player. JeroenWijering.com has all of the info needed to modify or add to that code to modify how the player shows up on the page. The front page of professionalrockstars.com uses a slightly modified AllVideos 2.4 to display the player on the front page with a playlist, thumbnails and captions.

Fotis and the crew at Joomlaworks have done a spectacular job with AllVideos. What have they asked you for in return? Nothing. So what if they didn't meet their planned release date. It's a lot of time consuming hard work to put all of this stuff together in an easy to use package. It won't kill you or anyone else to put a little of your own effort into what you're creating instead of begging, pleading, and complaining that it isn't being handed to you, for free, fast enough.

STFU and try using your brain for something other than irritating everyone who reads this forum.
More
16 years 9 months ago #2120 by pickles206

Pickles-

You're really an insufferable, whiny little b*tch.

A lot of anger in the boy.  I think you're just jealous of my handsome face.

Your insufferable, whiny little bitch,
Pickles

More
16 years 9 months ago #2121 by markote
Please, add fix support for GameTrailers, 2.4 does not work  :'(
More
16 years 9 months ago #2122 by jemand
It is a great extension, this is no secret.
Alot of people are waiting, this is no secret too.
But I think that the only thing we can do is wait.
I won´t change or add code of the extension!

Best

Jens