Keyword

K2 Add new item window resize

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #87217 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Lefteris is really William with a different Avatar.

If you come to this thread and resond with "you can change that" and not see the freaking problem you my friend are an IDIOT.

Why would you as a dev think that putting an error that will affect 75% of people... call it a bug, call it a snug, call it a fug, call it an fbug, or fubugly or WTF you want to call it... 75% of people that use the "feature" will have to HARD CODE IT the HELL OUT.

lol, am I in the twilight zone?

Svein you are trying to help and I see that and you are not an idiot... But why noone can tell K2 anything is BS. They should be able to take an F'ng CRITIQUE. Make it better and MOVE ON. WTF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jasper Newton
  • Jasper Newton's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #87218 by Jasper Newton
Replied by Jasper Newton on topic K2 Add new item window resize
well said. :D

Christian Matthieas said:Lefteris is really William with a different Avatar.
If you come to this thread and resond with "you can change that" and not see the freaking problem you my friend are an IDIOT.

Why would you as a dev think that putting an error that will affect 75% of people... call it a bug, call it a snug, call it a fug, call it an fbug, or fubugly or WTF you want to call it... 75% of people that use the "feature" will have to HARD CODE IT the HELL OUT.

lol, am I in the twilight zone?

Svein you are trying to help and I see that and you are not an idiot... But why noone can tell K2 anything is BS. They should be able to take an F'ng CRITIQUE. Make it better and MOVE ON. WTF

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #87219 by Christian Matthieas
You're using K2mart? how is that?

Jasper Newton said:well said. :DChristian Matthieas said:Lefteris is really William with a different Avatar.If you come to this thread and resond with "you can change that" and not see the freaking problem you my friend are an IDIOT.Why would you as a dev think that putting an error that will affect 75% of people... call it a bug, call it a snug, call it a fug, call it an fbug, or fubugly or WTF you want to call it... 75% of people that use the "feature" will have to HARD CODE IT the HELL OUT.lol, am I in the twilight zone?Svein you are trying to help and I see that and you are not an idiot... But why noone can tell K2 anything is BS. They should be able to take an F'ng CRITIQUE. Make it better and MOVE ON. WTF

More
13 years 6 months ago #87220 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Add new item window resize
@Christian and jasper
I am william, and im on vacation.
Politely put, i think the point that leftis and fortis have made in many posts are that YOU are Supposed to Override the Core, NOT change it. There Will Be Problems if you change the core in the future, This is not a mabey Its a For Sure....
I am not and do not pretend to be a php or mysql expert but i have been learning to program in various languages since 1984 starting with cp/m..The key word there is "learning". I read leftes and fortis's posts, the GURU's who wrote K2 and manyh other things as well, and when they give advice, i Take IT.(period) They know how the code works and have given it to the community. The documentation is the code, and its all free. (i wont flame on this point) but Freedom isnt Free is a common saying here where im from. One must fight for freedom....or study to learn ( i often have found myself reading the posts of the creators just to try to get the information directly from someone who should know. Maby one should reevaluate their learning methods.....
And more importantly - use the other tools that are most helpfull....and also free alkeebabackup would have put your sites back in place and given you more time to evaluate new versions.......before loosing all your core changes.
Fortis in a post also give links to the tools to use to compare source code - and this could be used before clicking the install button just to see whats going to change......
See Brian Teemans blog title for my real opinion on those who are upset with my post - This is FREE
wjwjr-from the beach!

• Jasper Newton
More
13 years 6 months ago #87221 by Jasper Newton
Nah, just K2 store plugin,

All it does is inserts a field into the add item box to display a price,say £1.35/$1.35 or whatever currency. It then puts an "add to cart" and "proceed to checkout" on any item you display, converting your site into a shop, Its awesome, its free and its got a paypal thing built in (that takes some setting up) but worth it, so I can post items and sell them, But i have found it brilliant, more importantly, their support is excellent, from India aswell! you can set up like an Amazon site with K2 user permissions, allowing front end users to upload their items and sell them on your site. This is why this has caused me so much grief this window pop up, 'cos if they cant get the window to work, they'll go to a site that does, like amazon, I wonder how big Amazon would be today if they treated their users like K2 do?. Unfortunatley I can't remember the site to get it from, I know its in the joomla extensions directory under k2.

I *was* genuinely going to pay for k2 mart and give it a go, but i thought ill see if I can solve the pop up modal window before I shell money out...........and hey, look where I am. Not confident at all about spending my hard earned money on K2 products if this is their idea of support

Christian Matthieas said:You're using K2mart? how is that?
Jasper Newton said:well said. :DChristian Matthieas said:Lefteris is really William with a different Avatar.If you come to this thread and resond with "you can change that" and not see the freaking problem you my friend are an IDIOT.Why would you as a dev think that putting an error that will affect 75% of people... call it a bug, call it a snug, call it a fug, call it an fbug, or fubugly or WTF you want to call it... 75% of people that use the "feature" will have to HARD CODE IT the HELL OUT.lol, am I in the twilight zone?Svein you are trying to help and I see that and you are not an idiot... But why noone can tell K2 anything is BS. They should be able to take an F'ng CRITIQUE. Make it better and MOVE ON. WTF

• Jasper Newton
More
13 years 6 months ago #87222 by Jasper Newton
What a tool.

Never in all my life have I met somebody so full of their own importance. what a clown. You keep preaching how i should not hack and change things and take the advice of the experts. If their experts I must be god himself.You are astonishingly unhelpful

I will pose the question again so that anybody reading this thread will ask the same question,

IN what way do you think that has helped solve the problem?

Please do not reply telling me telling me how clever you all are and yet again pointing out the obvious. If you are not prepared to help, don't bother. I am absolutely gobsmacked, at how unhelpful you people are, it is clear there is a culture of arrogance and a bad attitude amongst you so called experts, I should stick to my previous thought of just not bothering with K2 and warning anybody else not to bother either. Your kind of attitude is the reason people get frustrated, Your kind of arrogance can usually be found in most public offices and call centres. Every now again you find just one person who is actually prepared to help.

Unreal. you couldn't make it up.

Jasper Newton said:Nah, just K2 store plugin,

All it does is inserts a field into the add item box to display a price,say £1.35/$1.35 or whatever currency. It then puts an "add to cart" and "proceed to checkout" on any item you display, converting your site into a shop, Its awesome, its free and its got a paypal thing built in (that takes some setting up) but worth it, so I can post items and sell them, But i have found it brilliant, more importantly, their support is excellent, from India aswell! you can set up like an Amazon site with K2 user permissions, allowing front end users to upload their items and sell them on your site. This is why this has caused me so much grief this window pop up, 'cos if they cant get the window to work, they'll go to a site that does, like amazon, I wonder how big Amazon would be today if they treated their users like K2 do?. Unfortunatley I can't remember the site to get it from, I know its in the joomla extensions directory under k2.

I *was* genuinely going to pay for k2 mart and give it a go, but i thought ill see if I can solve the pop up modal window before I shell money out...........and hey, look where I am. Not confident at all about spending my hard earned money on K2 products if this is their idea of support

Christian Matthieas said:You're using K2mart? how is that? Jasper Newton said:well said. :DChristian Matthieas said:Lefteris is really William with a different Avatar.If you come to this thread and resond with "you can change that" and not see the freaking problem you my friend are an IDIOT.Why would you as a dev think that putting an error that will affect 75% of people... call it a bug, call it a snug, call it a fug, call it an fbug, or fubugly or WTF you want to call it... 75% of people that use the "feature" will have to HARD CODE IT the HELL OUT.lol, am I in the twilight zone?Svein you are trying to help and I see that and you are not an idiot... But why noone can tell K2 anything is BS. They should be able to take an F'ng CRITIQUE. Make it better and MOVE ON. WTF

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #87223 by Christian Matthieas
I just need to set up a plan that sells a few item / subscription plans / 10 or so at the most. What would you recommend for that.

• Jasper Newton
More
13 years 6 months ago #87224 by Jasper Newton
Errm, that's kinda the point i'm stuck at now. Built me site but working on the payment subscriptions. The two I have looked at are;

1) Paypal subscription pro (joomla extensions directory)- this looks good and paypal can be trusted, $35 i think. Not tired it yet, that's my next hurdle lol.
2) Open source excellence membership control (Osmc) That is very complicated for me, but it looks an absolutley superb programme component. Im taking the time to learn it after Ive finished Adobe Flash. Ive just finished building a Flash map of France so thats kinda sucked all my time up. But its next on my list :D

I suppose it depends on the level of complexity you need. if, from what Ive seen, you just want a simple selling site, then paypal subscription pro would be my guess, but if say you wanted something of Amazons/Ebay's size, then the second one definitely.

Hope this helps, kinda feel like I should be telling you why you shouldn't d that and 10,000 reasons why I can't help you, whilst informing you how clever I am.

Jasper

Christian Matthieas said:I just need to set up a plan that sells a few item / subscription plans / 10 or so at the most. What would you recommend for that.

More
13 years 6 months ago #87225 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Virtue mart is large and im sure it will do what you want, with or without k2, The new k2 store looks good, and should make virtumart even better for some people. You will still have to deal with the store buisness logic.
Oliver, is currently working on a cart extension that keeps it simpler but i havnet yet seen subcriptions added to the backend. You can see a test of that at pruittfh.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&Itemid=52 you can find more on it at k2joom.com
A turnkey solution with its own databases and buisness logic can be found at ijoomla.com digistore which will do subscriptions(although i havent use it) example at www.honeapathfloral.com/hpf/index.php?option=com_digistore&view=digistoreproducts&layout=vert&cid=17&Itemid=149

More
13 years 6 months ago #87226 by Oceanwatcher
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Jasper, Christian -

I think you have gone far enough in bashing someone that is actually telling you what to do.

First of all - as you are selling websites to a customer YOU are responsible for knowing all the tools you are using. And I have offered to help you getting to know the things that you need to know.

You hold the help you got from JoomlaWorks up as an example on how it should be done. What do you think will happen when there is a new version of the template? You know that templates has to be updated from time to time because of security issues? What do you think will happen when the customer updates his template?

What we all have told you is that what you need to do is use a template override. We have concluded that nothing in this thread is a bug. The size of the editor window is as big as it should be. The fact that you want it smaller is a totally legitimate thing. But I, on the other hand, want it bigger. So we both have to make adjustments. The difference is that my adjustments will survive an upgrade...

Joomla itself is built in a way that you should use template overrides to change things. This is NOT unique for K2, but it sounds like this is something totally new for you. K2 is much closer to a "finished" solution than many of the other tools around. If you have ever looked at SOBI2, you would find the learning curve is MUCH steeper. Don't bash the one giving you something free that YOU can earn money from!

If you instead ask "Where can I find out something more about template overrides?" there are several resources. I have already told you that I am willing to help, and I will do so. You are a website builder. You get paid to do a job. Part of that job is customizing the tools you have at hand and learning how to use them the best way.

Can we please move on and get to the learning part? To be honest - I think you will understand a lot better if we just get started. And I think in a while, when you understand that you could have solved this quite easily, you will be quite embarrassed at some of the things you have written here... ;-)

So I suggest that the commenting stops here and that we get on with learning how to use the overrides. Send me a PM (both of you) so we can decide how to get going.