Keyword

K2 Add new item window resize

More
13 years 5 months ago #87287 by Bernard R.
Replied by Bernard R. on topic K2 Add new item window resize
POSSIBLE FIX FOR SAVE AND CLOSE BUTTON.

Not sure if this would work with everyone. It worked like a charm on my site.

(REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR FORM.PHP FILE BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THIS FIX)

I added the following line of code to line 36 on form.php (located: components/com_k2_views/item/tmpl)

parent.$('sbox-window').close();

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #87288 by Carlos Salas
Replied by Carlos Salas on topic K2 Add new item window resize
go to components/com_k2/views/item/tmpl/form.php

After string 35: "submitform( pressbutton );"
You can add:
36: parent.$('sbox-window').close(); /* To close modalbox */
37: alert( ' Send ! ' ); /* To view a message */

Info by BFL found here: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/close-modalbox-on-frontend

modernmagic said:I have discovered that if you login and click "My Page" and then click "Post a new item" the "K2 Add Item" screen appears on a popup and everything works fine.
This confirms that the issue/bug is only when you click "Add New Item" in the K2 login module.

More
13 years 3 months ago #87289 by Peter Clarke
Replied by Peter Clarke on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Hi All - not sure if this has been posted or not (too many posts to read!) but this helps in window resizing.

simon.getk2.org/tips-and-tricks/item/277-front-side-editor-iframe-adjustment

Cheers!

More
13 years 2 months ago #87290 by John Willis
Replied by John Willis on topic K2 Add new item window resize
As i work through this (increasingly long) thread i also am hopeful that the front end editing size will be fixed.  At the moment though, i tell my clients to pres F11 to get the browser tools out of the way.  Some have a lot of stuff up there, which makes their window even smaller than normal.

I love K2 and will continue working with it, and have faith that this will be addressed in the future.

More
13 years 2 months ago #87291 by Peter Clarke
Hey John - did you click the link I posted above? If you are able to access the files via FTP it is really easy to do - and it works. I am not a "coder" or developer by any means - just a user and I was able to do it. Good luck!

John Willis said:
As i work through this (increasingly long) thread i also am hopeful that the front end editing size will be fixed.  At the moment though, i tell my clients to pres F11 to get the browser tools out of the way.  Some have a lot of stuff up there, which makes their window even smaller than normal.

I love K2 and will continue working with it, and have faith that this will be addressed in the future.

More
13 years 2 months ago #87292 by John Willis
Replied by John Willis on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Thanks Peter, I see two instances of this line in the components/com_k2/templates/user.php file.  The example mentions  href="/"> at the end of the lines,and i have this after the href="/">  Do i need to remove this part?

href="<?php echo $this->addLink; ?>"> <?php echo JText::_('Post a new item'); ?>

More
13 years 2 months ago #87293 by Peter Clarke
HI John, just had to re-read the instructions. You only replace the red with the green text. So I am pretty sure you leave the "href" in tact. Make sure to keep an original copy of the file incase you need to go back to it!

Good Luck!

Peter

John Willis said:

Thanks Peter, I see two instances of this line in the components/com_k2/templates/user.php file.  The example mentions  href="/"> at the end of the lines,and i have this after the href="/">  Do i need to remove this part?

href="<?php echo $this->addLink; ?>"> <?php echo JText::_('Post a new item'); ?>

More
13 years 2 months ago #87294 by Andy Connell
Replied by Andy Connell on topic K2 Add new item window resize

Carlos Salas said:

Hi Petri!
You can disable the lightbox by removing the class and the rel.

Before:
class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:window.getSize().scrollSize.x-80, y: window.getSize().size.y-80}, onShow:$('sbox-window').setStyles({'padding': 0})}" h r e f=" < ?php echo $user->profile->addLink; ?> " > < ?php echo JText::_('Add new item'); ? >< /a>

After:
h r e f="< ? php echo $user->profile->addLink; ?> " >

This way you will get a "normal" link to open in a same window or in a new tab.
Just remember remove the class="modal" because if you don't it will display a worst lightbox

P.S. I had to separate the code because it wont let me place a php code =/ sorry man

Greets.

More
13 years 2 months ago #87295 by Andy Connell
Replied by Andy Connell on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Hi I cant get this to work either?I have removed code lines        <a class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:650}}" href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>">                to read;                <a href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>">as suggested. Now when a user clicks to add/edit article in the front end. the front end editor opens up in a full width screen, that when you add your article and saveit is saved, and there is a message that says so, but the screen desont close down, and the cancel icon also doesnt close the screen down, you have to use your browsers back button to get back?Have I missed something out?Andy

More
13 years 2 months ago #87296 by Hanny
Replied by Hanny on topic K2 Add new item window resize
By removing the 'iframe' code, all you're doing is making it appear in the existing window.

To resolve this bug - it will be something going on with the code behind the 'save' button.  I've read that the authors of this component have chosen not to fix this bug - which is unfortunate.  It's the single thing keeping me from being completely satisfied with this!

I personally don't know enough to go in tinkering around with the code behind the 'save' button - but was hoping these forums would provide some assistance.

So far, no luck.