Keyword

K2 Add new item window resize

More
13 years 1 month ago #87307 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic K2 Add new item window resize
it is true that if another user is editing the item then it will be locked to other users.

If you log everyone out and you still see lock icons on the items then there is a problem.
Hanny said:

I thought it was a safety feature - so that if someone is logged in, their articles are 'locked' so they can't be edited/worked on while they may be working with them.

At least that was my understanding of what I saw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #87308 by juju
Replied by juju on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Yes, but I never notice that before.

I thought the security is only when the user edit an article, nobody can edit THIS article in the same time.

But here, each time a user is connected, all his article are locked in back end Oo

More
13 years 1 month ago #87309 by juju
I just test with a fresh installation, if I add an item, even if I'm only an author (item unpublished), it is not blocked in back-end...

So what I could change that caused that ? The last thing I do is modify the button save to redirect with the code here : community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-add-new-item-window-resize?id=3536014%3ATopic%3A73456&page=13#comments

I don't understand, someone had an idea ?

Thanks ;)

More
13 years 1 month ago #87310 by juju
So, I retry again without the modification in the file form.php, and it works well again :)

So the problem really come from the modification :

<?php if (JRequest::getInt('step')=='1') { ?>        <script language="javascript">        window.parent.location.reload();        </script>        <?php        } ?>

Can anybody confirm the problem ?

Thanks for your help ;)

More
13 years 1 month ago #87311 by Hanny
Replied by Hanny on topic K2 Add new item window resize
I'm surprised to hear it causes that problem.

All that bit of code does is say "If there is an integer that is = 1, refresh the page" it has nothing to do with the locking and/or unlocking of the pages.

Also, that code is ran after the database stuff has executed and the article is saved, so I really don't understand how that causes the issue - but if it does, it does.  I'll have to look into it a bit myself - although I can't promise anything because for me it's not a big issue - I don't allow editing of other peoples articles anyway, so if they're 'locked' when that user is logged in I am okay with it. 

I'll have to dig around, see what I can find.

More
13 years 1 month ago #87312 by juju
I know, but it's not so weird :

In fact, if you quit the pop-up window with the little cross in top right corner, it's not the same than simply refresh the window.

Clicking on the cross or on cancel button do something.

When you refresh the window, the popup disappear,but it's not the same than clicking on the cross or cancel button ;)

Did you try to see the problem ? It's simple to trigger the problem :

Open a page, Log in backend, with admin account.

Open an other page, Log in front end with author account.

Click on "Add an article" on front end, and click on save, your modification quit the popup window and refresh the page behind.

Go in backend, go see your articles list, the last added is locked...

More
13 years 1 month ago #87313 by Hanny
Yea, I understand now.

I'll have to figure out what the close window button is doing (and/or the cancel button) and try to add that code into the if statement. 

That should essentially cure the issue (in theory anyway).  I'll see what I can hack up.

More
13 years 1 month ago #87314 by juju
Yes, that's what I try to do this morning, but I failed...

But I did only few tests, so maybe you'll make it, I hope so :)

Thanks again ;)

• Jasper Newton
  • Jasper Newton's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #87315 by Jasper Newton
Replied by Jasper Newton on topic K2 Add new item window resize
I have to say, almost 7 months after I started this thread, and K2 told me they were going to do nothing about it because I had called them names, and it "is not a bug, just an inconvenience" and people like William White responding again with "use an override", I wonder if now K2 will take a look at this problem? Que inane answers that don't address the problem, like "use an override".

More
13 years 1 month ago #87316 by Hanny
That's the reason I want to fix some of these issues.

So the users who do use this, can stop being inconvenienced.  Isn't that the point of a developer?  To work to remove things that make the user experience inconvenient?  If it wasn't for a few features K2 has that I couldn't find elsewhere, I would be using a different component for sure.  Heck, might have been easier to integrate features the others were lacking, than it is to try and fix this 'inconvenience'.