Keyword

K2 Add new item window resize

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 4 months ago #87267 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Wait explain this error in detail because I do not have this problem..

zig zag said:i don't get it... the fix isn't good enough for you guys? The new fix works perfectly... perhaps you are not finding it througout this thread.Hi do you mean the fix to open the editor in a new window by removing the class="modal" etc, if so this doesn't work for me as the tabs still don't work, when you click on the last tab it takes you through to editing it inline as you would do a normal joomla article (frontend), when you finally get to that point everything works as it should. Hence would like to see this option rather than the lightbox or new window etc as there is still too much js going on for it to be compatible with anything other than a basic joomla template.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #87268 by zig zag
Replied by zig zag on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Hi,
Basically there's a load of javascript errors which I'm unable to resolve even though my template is supposed to be designed for k2 they didn't test it with front end editing, these errors don't occur when you edit inline with the joomla content area, what happens is you click the edit link and the lightbox opens, currently my last tab on the editor box is for the image gallery (this happens whatever the last tab is), if the user clicks on the last tab the page inside the frame reloads to show the editor inside the joomla content area - exactly as if you were editing a joomla article from the front end. If I copy the url from within the iframe (/test/blogs/item/edit/356#) and open it, everything works perfectly see screen shot.

Christian Matthieas said:Wait explain this error in detail because I do not have this problem..

zig zag said:i don't get it... the fix isn't good enough for you guys? The new fix works perfectly... perhaps you are not finding it througout this thread.Hi do you mean the fix to open the editor in a new window by removing the class="modal" etc, if so this doesn't work for me as the tabs still don't work, when you click on the last tab it takes you through to editing it inline as you would do a normal joomla article (frontend), when you finally get to that point everything works as it should. Hence would like to see this option rather than the lightbox or new window etc as there is still too much js going on for it to be compatible with anything other than a basic joomla template.
Attachments:

More
13 years 4 months ago #87269 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Add new item window resize
I really like that!

Skip said:Quote:About all this.. I think this happens because the K2 designers are using a hi resolution screen, so for all of them it's normal to get this big window and for us it's annoying but I hope and trust that this "error" will be fixed in the next version.
Mom cuts about 4 inches off of the end of a roast before cooking it.

Puzzled, her daughter asked her why she cut 4 inches off the end of the roast before cooking it. Mom says that's how her mom taught her to cook a roast.

Daughter asked grandma about this. Grandma told her she cut the end off the roast so it would fit in the cooking pan.

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 4 months ago #87270 by Christian Matthieas
Sounds like an installation error... try installing K2 again... or try installing an older version of k2 like 2.3... that might do the trick... if you find that 2.3 works then something your template is using is not meshing with the new version. As well, make sure your template is all up to date. Let us know what you find out.

zig zag said:Hi,Basically there's a load of javascript errors which I'm unable to resolve even though my template is supposed to be designed for k2 they didn't test it with front end editing, these errors don't occur when you edit inline with the joomla content area, what happens is you click the edit link and the lightbox opens, currently my last tab on the editor box is for the image gallery (this happens whatever the last tab is), if the user clicks on the last tab the page inside the frame reloads to show the editor inside the joomla content area - exactly as if you were editing a joomla article from the front end. If I copy the url from within the iframe (/test/blogs/item/edit/356#) and open it, everything works perfectly see screen shot.Christian Matthieas said:Wait explain this error in detail because I do not have this problem..zig zag said:i don't get it... the fix isn't good enough for you guys? The new fix works perfectly... perhaps you are not finding it througout this thread.Hi do you mean the fix to open the editor in a new window by removing the class="modal" etc, if so this doesn't work for me as the tabs still don't work, when you click on the last tab it takes you through to editing it inline as you would do a normal joomla article (frontend), when you finally get to that point everything works as it should. Hence would like to see this option rather than the lightbox or new window etc as there is still too much js going on for it to be compatible with anything other than a basic joomla template.

More
13 years 4 months ago #87271 by zig zag
Thanks Christian, I'll try an earlier version, do you know where I can download 2.3? I know that it's definitely my template as it works fine with other templates, the template is up to date :(

Christian Matthieas said:Sounds like an installation error... try installing K2 again... or try installing an older version of k2 like 2.3... that might do the trick... if you find that 2.3 works then something your template is using is not meshing with the new version. As well, make sure your template is all up to date. Let us know what you find out.

zig zag said:Hi,Basically there's a load of javascript errors which I'm unable to resolve even though my template is supposed to be designed for k2 they didn't test it with front end editing, these errors don't occur when you edit inline with the joomla content area, what happens is you click the edit link and the lightbox opens, currently my last tab on the editor box is for the image gallery (this happens whatever the last tab is), if the user clicks on the last tab the page inside the frame reloads to show the editor inside the joomla content area - exactly as if you were editing a joomla article from the front end. If I copy the url from within the iframe (/test/blogs/item/edit/356#) and open it, everything works perfectly see screen shot.Christian Matthieas said:Wait explain this error in detail because I do not have this problem..zig zag said:i don't get it... the fix isn't good enough for you guys? The new fix works perfectly... perhaps you are not finding it througout this thread.Hi do you mean the fix to open the editor in a new window by removing the class="modal" etc, if so this doesn't work for me as the tabs still don't work, when you click on the last tab it takes you through to editing it inline as you would do a normal joomla article (frontend), when you finally get to that point everything works as it should. Hence would like to see this option rather than the lightbox or new window etc as there is still too much js going on for it to be compatible with anything other than a basic joomla template.

More
13 years 4 months ago #87272 by zig zag
I found 2.3 and tried that but still have the same script errors, I will go back to the template makers .....again, or maybe buy another template :(

More
13 years 4 months ago #87273 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic K2 Add new item window resize
I am using K2 version 2.4.1

Is the Save button going to be changed to Save and Close?

If this is a bug, then does anyone have a workaround?

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 4 months ago #87274 by Christian Matthieas
I have noticed this too and this is a good question.

modernmagic said:I am using K2 version 2.4.1Is the Save button going to be changed to Save and Close?If this is a bug, then does anyone have a workaround?

• Jasper Newton
  • Jasper Newton's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #87275 by Jasper Newton
Replied by Jasper Newton on topic K2 Add new item window resize
If I can be of any assistance. I have asked K2 this, whether they will make the save button a save and close, Unfortunately they have said it is "not a bug" more of an "annoyance". I have to agree with you. I believe it will put users off a website, if it appears something doesn't work properly. If you then have to explain the way round it, it just seems unprofessional to me. But like I have said I have asked the question but it is not a bug according to k2.

More
13 years 4 months ago #87276 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Jasper Newton Did you workaround this issue with your iframe / modal hack?