Keyword

K2 Add new item window resize

More
13 years 6 months ago #87257 by Carlos Salas
Replied by Carlos Salas on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Hi Petri!

You can disable the lightbox by removing the class and the rel.

Before:
class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:window.getSize().scrollSize.x-80, y: window.getSize().size.y-80}, onShow:$('sbox-window').setStyles({'padding': 0})}" h r e f=" < ?php echo $user->profile->addLink; ?> " > < ?php echo JText::_('Add new item'); ? >< /a>

After:
h r e f="< ? php echo $user->profile->addLink; ?> " >

This way you will get a "normal" link to open in a same window or in a new tab.
Just remember remove the class="modal" because if you don't it will display a worst lightbox

P.S. I had to separate the code because it wont let me place a php code =/ sorry man

Greets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #87258 by Petri Niemelä
Replied by Petri Niemelä on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Hi!
Thanks. Which php files I have to edit / replace this text for it to work?

Carlos Salas said:Hi Petri! You can disable the lightbox by removing the class and the rel.

Before:
class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:window.getSize().scrollSize.x-80, y: window.getSize().size.y-80}, onShow:$('sbox-window').setStyles({'padding': 0})}" h r e f=" < ?php echo $user->profile->addLink; ?> " > < ?php echo JText::_('Add new item'); ? >< /a>

After:

This way you will get a "normal" link to open in a same window or in a new tab.
Just remember remove the class="modal" because if you don't it will display a worst lightbox

P.S. I had to separate the code because it wont let me place a php code =/ sorry man

Greets.

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #87259 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Whoaaa You are not thinking of HACKING THE CORE FILES ARE YOU??? OMGGGGGGGGGG LMAO. JK... We kid We kid. you have to read the very first thread. Jasper lays it out exacty what files you need to change and where. i.e. item, item_list, category, userblock... I think that is it but if you read the beggining it is layed out perfectly.

Petri Niemelä said:Hi!Thanks. Which php files I have to edit / replace this text for it to work?Carlos Salas said:Hi Petri!You can disable the lightbox by removing the class and the rel.Before:
After:
This way you will get a "normal" link to open in a same window or in a new tab.Just remember remove the class="modal" because if you don't it will display a worst lightboxP.S. I had to separate the code because it wont let me place a php code =/ sorry manGreets.

More
13 years 5 months ago #87260 by zig zag
Replied by zig zag on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Currently the only thing stopping me from using K2 is the lightbox popup for editing, I've been through about 5 JA templates so far trying to find one that doesn't have js conflicts with K2's lightbox and still can't get it to work :( K2 would be much better if there was an option in the backend to use or disable the lightbox completely, this would end 99.9% of all js problems.

• Jasper Newton
  • Jasper Newton's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #87261 by Jasper Newton
Replied by Jasper Newton on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Hi Zig Zag,
Thanks for your post, As i'm sure you've read from this thread, a temporary fix has been found. K2 wont do what everybody else is screaming from rooftops about, because we questioned there supreme being-ness.

zig zag said:Currently the only thing stopping me from using K2 is the lightbox popup for editing, I've been through about 5 JA templates so far trying to find one that doesn't have js conflicts with K2's lightbox and still can't get it to work :( K2 would be much better if there was an option in the backend to use or disable the lightbox completely, this would end 99.9% of all js problems.

More
13 years 5 months ago #87262 by zig zag
Unfortunately for me even if I remove the light box and just have a direct link instead there are still script errors with the tabs on the edit form - if you click the last tab the page reloads again so that the edit form is shown within the main content area of joomla instead of taking you to the last tab, if I could just find a way of making it do that in the first place when you clicked edit it would be perfect as there are no errors that way.

More
13 years 5 months ago #87263 by Skip
Replied by Skip on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Quote:About all this.. I think this happens because the K2 designers are using a hi resolution screen, so for all of them it's normal to get this big window and for us it's annoying but I hope and trust that this "error" will be fixed in the next version.

Mom cuts about 4 inches off of the end of a roast before cooking it.

Puzzled, her daughter asked her why she cut 4 inches off the end of the roast before cooking it. Mom says that's how her mom taught her to cook a roast.

Daughter asked grandma about this. Grandma told her she cut the end off the roast so it would fit in the cooking pan.

More
13 years 5 months ago #87264 by Skip
Replied by Skip on topic K2 Add new item window resize
And I would like to see an option to completely disable the use of lightbox / pop-ups in the front end editor for K2 items.

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 5 months ago #87265 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic K2 Add new item window resize
i don't get it... the fix isn't good enough for you guys? The new fix works perfectly... perhaps you are not finding it througout this thread.

Skip said:And I would like to see an option to completely disable the use of lightbox / pop-ups in the front end editor for K2 items.

More
13 years 5 months ago #87266 by zig zag
i don't get it... the fix isn't good enough for you guys? The new fix works perfectly... perhaps you are not finding it througout this thread.

Hi do you mean the fix to open the editor in a new window by removing the class="modal" etc, if so this doesn't work for me as the tabs still don't work, when you click on the last tab it takes you through to editing it inline as you would do a normal joomla article (frontend), when you finally get to that point everything works as it should. Hence would like to see this option rather than the lightbox or new window etc as there is still too much js going on for it to be compatible with anything other than a basic joomla template.