Keyword

K2 Add new item window resize

• Jasper Newton
  • Jasper Newton's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #87277 by Jasper Newton
Replied by Jasper Newton on topic K2 Add new item window resize
Dear Modernmagic, There is currently no workaround for the save /cancel button that i'm aware of. Ive been trying for nearly 6 months to find one. The "workaround" in this thread is for the pop up modal window size. sorry i cant be mroe help to you

modernmagic said:Jasper Newton Did you workaround this issue with your iframe / modal hack?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #87278 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic K2 Add new item window resize
thanks for the reply.

Maybe the activity on this topic will become "annoying" and someone can figure out how to fix this "annoyance"; so that my client doesn't get "annoyed" with my choice in K2 (which otherwise is a great extension).

• Jasper Newton
More
13 years 5 months ago #87279 by Jasper Newton
All i can suggest is that you contact K2. The only issue is, as per their own response, Is that you are being rude by questioning them.

modernmagic said:thanks for the reply.
Maybe the activity on this topic will become "annoying" and someone can figure out how to fix this "annoyance"; so that my client doesn't get "annoyed" with my choice in K2 (which otherwise is a great extension).

More
13 years 5 months ago #87280 by Odin Mayland
I am notorious for bad analogies, but not being able to save and close "Edit Item" is like having to close the car door from the outside.... but you want to be inside the car!

More
13 years 5 months ago #87281 by Odin Mayland
Considering I follow joomlaworks (which I assume is Fotis Evangelou) on twitter, I have noticed a different attitude than other developers.

I'm just surprised that there are apparently thousands of people using K2 but no one is complaining about this BUG.

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 5 months ago #87282 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic K2 Add new item window resize
LOl, have you read this post? It was a firestorm...

modernmagic said:Considering I follow joomlaworks (which I assume is Fotis Evangelou) on twitter, I have noticed a different attitude than other developers.I'm just surprised that there are apparently thousands of people using K2 but no one is complaining about this BUG.

More
13 years 5 months ago #87283 by Odin Mayland
wow, just did. I didn't even think that it was 12 pages long.

More
13 years 5 months ago #87284 by Odin Mayland
Its weird because all the back end Save and Cancel buttons also "Close", why would the front end buttons not function the same.

(Why would a dev decide to NOT make the front end and back end Save and Cancel buttons function the same?)

• Jasper Newton
More
13 years 5 months ago #87285 by Jasper Newton
Dear Modernmagic,
Here is the link to another discussion relating to the save/close button (the one I referred to earlier, where I have brought this issue to K2's attention);
community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-cancel-add-new-item-from?commentId=3536014%3AComment%3A95083&xg_source=msg_com_forum

There has just been a post with a possible solution. not had chance to try it myself.
Hope this helps

modernmagic said:Its weird because all the back end Save and Cancel buttons also "Close", why would the front end buttons not function the same.
(Why would a dev decide to NOT make the front end and back end Save and Cancel buttons function the same?)

More
13 years 5 months ago #87286 by Odin Mayland
I have discovered that if you login and click "My Page" and then click "Post a new item" the "K2 Add Item" screen appears on a popup and everything works fine.

This confirms that the issue/bug is only when you click "Add New Item" in the K2 login module.