Keyword

What Happened to K2 3.0?

More
8 years 4 months ago #150248 by lykaios
Replied by lykaios on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I assume that with all the problems that exist in Greece nowadays, the company bankrupt. Pity, it's strange though as they have ordered a new Web site, they travelled at Brazil and then nothing???
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #150255 by jwjaii
Replied by jwjaii on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
DK2 goodbye!
I decided to give up Joomla. 2 months ago! Wordpress is much better and safer! Easier to update. But easy to back up. Everything easier and more efficient! And has the best templates!
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by jwjaii.
More
8 years 4 months ago #150256 by Emmanouil
Replied by Emmanouil on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
I'm starting to think the same jwjaii. Especially for more "simple" websites wordpress is a peace of cake.
More
8 years 3 months ago #150348 by piet
Replied by piet on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Maybe this year in 2016 ?
Or next year in 2017 ? What ? We'll see the stable relase of K2 version 3.0... or not !

Happy new year and this year, when you give a date, please don't lie again.
If you make a paid version (with more features), it is ok too.

Thank you very much. But please, in 2016, just made a SOLID ROADMAP !!

Regard.
More
8 years 3 months ago #150408 by Scott Lavelle
Replied by Scott Lavelle on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Really - seriously...I'm not being sarcastic...

Should we just move along? My last update to the thread about "can we help" was 3 weeks ago, where I pointed out 102 issues that still remained. Now that number is 106 and there have been 4 added since that last one I mentioned. That means that NONE have been closed.

No Happy New Year - no Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays - No closed issues - no updates to the Blog (since Aug) - no pull requests - no nothing.

Are you really still going to do a K2 v3 or is the project dead? It's not really much to ask, is it? I'm not looking for a hard-and-fast date here, since we've found this to be a pointless request, just that it's going to happen at all, in some reasonable time-frame. Seriously - I'm really close to giving up and I'm sure others are as well. Give us ANY confidence to stick around for the eventual release or tell us there won't be one.
More
8 years 3 months ago #150419 by Rabi
Replied by Rabi on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
The requests for K2 styles have gone down in the past year and thats the reason we for now do not provide K2 styles by default. Still, let me talk to the team to see if it can be done in future versions.

www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/preview-ja-playstore-january-responsive-joomla-template-game-shop/
  • Rupert Griffiths
More
8 years 3 months ago #150444 by Rupert Griffiths
Replied by Rupert Griffiths on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Moving to SEBLOD after years of K2
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #150446 by Rokky
Replied by Rokky on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Say goodbye to K2.
We've just moved to King Content CCK, it's simple as K2, have all the K2 features and support to migrate from K2.
RIP K2.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Rokky.
More
8 years 3 months ago #150448 by Steven Johnson
Replied by Steven Johnson on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
Thanks so much for the post and mention of King Content. I will definitely check it out.

Have you liked it so far? Any Pros and Cons of King Content vs K2?

Thanks! -- Steven
More
8 years 3 months ago #150452 by Rokky
Replied by Rokky on topic What Happened to K2 3.0?
@Steven: It's very easy to use and much like the com content + powerful extra fields, it also support to assign 1 article to many categories. One more thing i much like in King Content is its template system, it's easy to edit and override.
We used K2 to build the magazine site for our customer before, but we moved to King Content, it's pain because we need to rebuild the template, and reconfig with new system but my customer love it so far.