All our templates have a set of Template Parameters that need to be taken into account. Some have specific functionality added through these parameters. That extra functionality is mentioned in more detail in each template's documetation. To edit the template parameters you need to follow the steps described below.
- On the backend of your site, go to Extensions → Template Manager. Locate the template and open it. You will notice multiple sets of parameters divided in three tabs, that need your attention.
- The Standard Tab consists of Branding, jQuery Handling, Custom CSS & JS, Google Web Fonts, Meta Tags, Credits & Copyrights, Google Analytics Integration, Webmaster Tools and Social Links.
- The Branding consists of some simple parameters used in the template, like the Logo (image or text), Tagline and App Icons.
- Through the jQuery Handling you can choose whether or not to load the library and if load it, which version of it.
- You can choose whether or not to use the Custom CSS and JS files provided through each template. These two options is advised to stay Enabled and of course used on any modification you want to apply in order not to lose any changes when you update the template. Read more about them here.
- On each template we have pre-selected the Google Web Fonts used. You can change that through this option. If you want to select more than one just Shift + Click the ones you want.
- The Meta Tags section is handling the Meta information used in the <head> section of each template.
- In the Credits & Copyrights section you can add your site's credits and copyrights. This information is used in the site's meta tags and footer.
- In the Google Analytics Integration section you can add the Google Analytics tracking code without the use of any third party extension.
- Through the Webmaster Tools section you can verify your site on the most popular search engines to enable faster content crawling. The IDs you enter are appended as special meta tags in the <head> section of each template.
- Finally, through the Social Links section you can handle all social profile URLs. You can see in which template this social information is rendered through each ones Documentation or Visual Walkthrough.
- The Template Specific tab varies per template and contains information about Highlights, Color Variations, Content Variations, Category Colors or Tabs. In each template's documentation you will find a reference with which ones are used per occasion.
For adding custom analytics code to your site click here.